+ Follow This Topic

Thread: OT: Cell Phone Question

OT: Cell Phone Question

This is completely off-topic. I'm looking to buy a new cell phone, but I don't know which one in terms of best technology. I know some of you here are very good with technology, so I thought I'd ask those in-the-know. I've used cell phones for sometime now, but was unware of terms like GSM, TDMA, CDMA. How can I find out which frequency band is the best in my region for using cellular technology?

Also, which cell phone are you using and which provider are you with? And what made you decide on what you have?
    I apologize if this topic seem completely absurd to you. I just don't want to register to another forum.

haha i am completly useless when it comes to mobiles. All i know my phone is a nokia (i hate all those number named versions like 6410 or whatever) and the tariff i am with is T-mobile.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I own a nice color Samsung phone (camera on my phone? a waste to me) and I use Sprint. Can't stand those little obnoxious Nokia phone and their ringers. Not very into the super uber mega Cingular or anything trashy people hump for interpersonal connections so I'm content with my little Sprinty.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I've got a nokia with T-Mobile. But I'm having a lot of trouble with it and as soon as my one year contract is up (next month) I'm switching companies. So my advice is, don't use T-Mobile. However I'm sure that there are many people out there that like T-Mobile so you might want to hear their side of this too.
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have an LG VX6000 ... which is just their camera phone ... there's probably a new one out there ... believe it or not, u end up using the camera more than you'd think because it's just THERE ...

I have Verizon for my service and I'm completely satisfied with it ... It's been the best provider in my area ever since it was GTE Wireless ...

I hear Sprint is good as well ...

on the other hand ... the GSM network is rising ... i know AT&T and Cingular use that network, but I had Cingular before and I hated their service ...

as far as good brands of cell phones: Samsung, LG, and Motorola are pretty good ... but Nokia is very user friendly ...

hope this helps
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Anyone own a Sony Ericsson T616 camera phone? It's the one I'm thinking of getting with AT&T service. I think having a camera on the phone is very handy, even though the res is not very good, but it holds potential. I know few people who owns a camera phone and they use the phote feature almost as much as making calls. One guy actually took a photo of a perp in a criminal activity with his phone and the photo was used against him in the court.

sprint is best in my opinion. the VM4500 is what i use. the reason being that they're best is because sanyo makes phones solely for sprint service so any issues will be taken care of for their service. and you can watch TV on your vm4500. it's cool.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."