+ Follow This Topic

Thread: True Love/Soulmate...What does this mean to you?

True Love/Soulmate...What does this mean to you?

What do you guys think true love means? Can one have only one true love or many? and do you think that a soulmate even exists?

Honestly,
    I think its just cheesy idealistic crap IMHO. "true love" is just a philosophical nicety that exists in romantic's minds...but its essentially just bunk.

what carp said .

true love = horseshit

bah, i dont beleive in that crap.

now that the cynics have spoken, what does the rest of the world have to say? Lol- just jokes guys!

Seriously speaking, I'm leaning toward the "bull shit" side too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeA
    What do you guys think true love means?
    I used to think it was something, but it was proen to be called limerence lol, so limerence = love.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I've heard somethign along the lines of you fall in love by fate, but to continue loving a person is a choice / hard work. THough I've heard it spoken more eloquently than I just did.

Well I'd like to think that people get married and stay in long lasting relationships for more reasons than tax deductions and sex.

Love is real. We feel it toward more than one person all the time, too. And obviously, there's different kinds of love. I love my family differently than I love my friends, which I love differently than my girlfriend. True love, fate and soulmates? I don't know. I know you can feel unbelievably crazy about someone, want to do everything for them more than you want to do even for yourself, want to know them so intricately that you map their face in your sleep, and simply want that person in a way that nobody else can have that person. Whether you call that infatuation, limmerence, an over exagerated display of chemicals, or an under exagerated production of your psyche, the point is you feel it and will undoubtedly qualify as love. It will make you happy, and you'll make your choices and you'll keep it or lose it or never find it at all. You'll be bitter about it or you'll embrace it forever. But you'll know you feel something. Its not controlled by the cosmos or god or anyone but yourself. So for me, I'll believe in love and I'll do what I can with it because it makes me happy. No bullshit here. I feel the way I feel.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

True love is the love of a mother for her child. All other kinds of love are fluid. Soulmate is a term used for modern day fairy tales.

what about the love of one's dogs? i would do anything for my sabby.

Well, of course your dog IS your child, so I think that qualifies...
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Well, of course your dog IS your child, so I think that qualifies...
    :-)
    So Misombra's a "b*tch"?

shh! is back!
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    simply want that person in a way that nobody else can have that person. Whether you call that infatuation, limmerence, an over exagerated display of chemicals, or an under exagerated production of your psyche, the point is you feel it and will undoubtedly qualify as love.
    Well fawking said! I agree with you more then I agree with anything ont this. Love is what ever you call love, it is what it is to you.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    True love is the love of a mother for her child.
    Biological instinct to nurture.....sorry...
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    Well I'd like to think that people get married and stay in long lasting relationships for more reasons than tax deductions and sex.

Love is real. We feel it toward more than one person all the time, too. And obviously, there's different kinds of love. I love my family differently than I love my friends, which I love differently than my girlfriend. True love, fate and soulmates? I don't know. I know you can feel unbelievably crazy about someone, want to do everything for them more than you want to do even for yourself, want to know them so intricately that you map their face in your sleep, and simply want that person in a way that nobody else can have that person. Whether you call that infatuation, limmerence, an over exagerated display of chemicals, or an under exagerated production of your psyche, the point is you feel it and will undoubtedly qualify as love. It will make you happy, and you'll make your choices and you'll keep it or lose it or never find it at all. You'll be bitter about it or you'll embrace it forever. But you'll know you feel something. Its not controlled by the cosmos or god or anyone but yourself. So for me, I'll believe in love and I'll do what I can with it because it makes me happy. No bullshit here. I feel the way I feel.
    Nice, 'bunky.

I agree.