+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Scared

Scared

Hello everyone,

Not feeling too good today, here is my story.

Been with my girlfriend since March last year, I am 30 she is 31. We don't live together but I normally stay over at hers at the weekend and we see each other a couple of nights in the week - the balance was good in my opinion.

About a month ago, we decided to change contraception methods, she went on the pill but after only a few days she told me she started getting crazy periods, bleed for a few days then stop few days past then bleeding again etc. She decided to stop taking it, to which I fully support her on.

Whilst this was going on we have not been making love.

Now all of a sudden, we aren't spending much time together she has been out all weekend this weekend with her friends, she was visiting her god daughter all of last weekend and she has just told me she is out all weekend next week.

I've got this dreaded feeling in my stomach which I only usually feel when my relationship has run in to trouble.

We had a text conversation and she says there is nothing wrong but I can't get it out of my mind that something is braking/broken. I called her and she listened to me but didn't offer much to why things have gone wrong since the start of this month, No sex and hardly spending anytime together.

To be honest with you I'm really scared at losing my relationship, I find failure very hard to deal with, and although I've had plenty of girlfriends over the years as I've been getting older relationship failures are getting harder and harder to deal with, and that's before I can bring myself to face up to it.

Thanks for listening.

If she says there is nothing wrong, there really isn't much you can do but give her a bit of space. She isn't obligated to spend every weekend with you, and in doing so, she was probably neglecting some of her other relationships.

If there really IS a problem, on the other hand, clinging on to her more tightly will only alienate her even more, in my opinion. It is human nature to be repelled by desperation.

Sorry...

i agree.

______

i don't see any problem, like shh! said you don't have to spent all the time together, encouraged to go out with her friends sometimes, she could probably miss the "girls time".
    Anyway try to avoid a monotonous relationship, once she got back take her out for something nice, i don't know, a small pic-nic...

Anyway, so far i don't see any reason to press the "panic button".

I think that you've been given some good advice by these people.

If what she wants is space - you would be wise to give it to her. Heck - ask for some space yourself.