+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major overhaul....too hasty?

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    whatever you do –*don't join the army!!!!!! are you nuts?
    care to elaborate?
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

you're only thinking about this because you've been disappointed, for a start.

well, as I stated earlier, I've had the army around me my entire life, and the idea itself isn't really new, has been coming on and off for the last year or so, only recently it has maneuvred itself to the forefront......So why is the army a bad move to restart my life?

i didn't realize you really wanted to do this. it sounded like "hey, my life sucks, why not join the army" to me.

nah I'm not that impulsive, and I have enough self-knowledge to know that wouldn't be a wise choice. I'm just wondering if me making that choice would improve my chances of happiness. It would definately eliminate some of my problems (which I'm sure will be replaced by others, but robably not as severe as I have to cope with now), so it seems like a good route. On the other hand I would find it a waste of time when my current study is taken into account. Therefor I need to get my bachelor this year to have that sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchBoY
    Lesson learned. NEVER date a friend!

Be careful about making Rules!

Just as soon as you make one ----- you might find yourself breaking it!

I tend to think that there are certain issues / things that we encounter again and again.

My friend was NEVER going to date someone who was recently out of a relationship EVER AGAIN. But then....he met someone who was recently separated....and HE DID. Now they are married.

I see where you're coming from. Perhaps I'll not live the rule by the letter, perhaps I will. Time will tell. But I do see that dating a friend can bring so much extra difficulties (though I'm afraid a relationship with a friend is potentionally the best kind of relationship cause you're already attuned to each other)....ah the discrepancies of life. Beautiful isn't it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12