+ Follow This Topic

Thread: President Bush Visits India

President Bush Visits India

Well, President Bush is currently visiting my Mother Land!

I saw his speech today, and couldn't help, but feel PROUD to be INDIAN!

EDIT: Like India, America respects faith and family and is rich in diversity. Americans are proud that our nation is home to more than 2 million individuals of Indian descent. Both our nations can take pride in their achievements. People from India serve with distinction in American businesses, in the sciences and the arts. The contributions of our Indian American community have made America a better nation and they've helped strengthen our ties with India.
    -President Bush

[url]http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060302-16.html[/url]
    -The presidents 'toast' to the Prime Minister, and People of India last night, before dinner!

Represent............................
    Last edited by RSK; 03-03-06 at 10:16 PM.

Tone Guest
    That makes me proud to have an Indian e-friend.

I listened to a commentary on NPR about India, and about how Americanized India is becoming. In fact, the guy said it was "America ++" because you can get all the regular items at McDonalds, but even they have "Indianized" their products. Same with Lay potato chips, which are flavored with Indian spices which you can't get in America.

Anyway, India is one of the places I've always wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    That makes me proud to have an Indian e-friend.

sweet, and there are only 2 million of us here, in the States...

...and OVER 1 BILLION Indians in India...

...that means, approximately 0.2% of India's Indians LIVE IN THE STATES!

I've ALWAYS wanted to be in the TOP 5% of SOMETHING...

...but now I've learned, I'm in the Top POINT TWO PERCENT of Indians!

okay, so i threw in the word, TOP. But I still do feel 'Special'

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I listened to a commentary on NPR about India, and about how Americanized India is becoming. In fact, the guy said it was "America ++" because you can get all the regular items at McDonalds, but even they have "Indianized" their products. Same with Lay potato chips, which are flavored with Indian spices which you can't get in America.

Anyway, India is one of the places I've always wanted to go.

hahah!

That's SOOOOO True!

I was in India a few years back, and couldn't believe when I saw McDonalds and Pizza Huts all over the place...

Get this: The USA's Big Mac, is called a Maharaja (which directly translates to, Big King)! LOL!

EDIT: I'll have a couple Maha Raja's, and small fries... oh, and diet coke too!

It's cool knowing that people would want to visit India
    Last edited by RSK; 03-03-06 at 10:39 PM.

I want to wear traditional Indian clothes. They are beautiful.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay for India!

I absolutely adore the culture. I can cook Indian food, I've worn and actually own traditional clothes, I watch Bollywood movies all the time, and I can read, write and speak (a little) Punjabi. All of my Indian friends consider me 'one of them'....they say I was born in the wrong skin ha ha.

I actually plan to go there for vacation for a few months......maybe I just won't come back. I could set up a business over there maybe....I've heard the market is hot for 'american-style' cafes and junk. I'll be rich!!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    Yay for India!

I absolutely adore the culture. I can cook Indian food, I've worn and actually own traditional clothes, I watch Bollywood movies all the time, and I can read, write and speak (a little) Punjabi. All of my Indian friends consider me 'one of them'....they say I was born in the wrong skin ha ha.

I actually plan to go there for vacation for a few months......maybe I just won't come back. I could set up a business over there maybe....I've heard the market is hot for 'american-style' cafes and junk. I'll be rich!!

yay for bluesummer!

hey, that's a great idea! Indians in India absoultely LOVE foriegners who like to learn about indian culture!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I want to wear traditional Indian clothes. They are beautiful.

every woman in my family have a CRAP load of these 'sarees' and 'punjabees' that you speak of, and it's INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some of them actually look ridiculous...(the old fashioned ones)......

.......but the new generations one's (more reaveling) look kinda hot!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    hey, that's a great idea! Indians in India absoultely LOVE foriegners who like to learn about indian culture!
    That's what I've heard. It would be nice to be appreciated SOMEWHERE. Ha ha ha.

But I'm serious. I would love to go there and live and open a business. I think I'd be in seventh heaven. If I only got to eat Indian food for the rest of my life, I'd die a happy woman.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

That's what I've heard. It would be nice to be appreciated SOMEWHERE. Ha ha ha.

But I'm serious. I would love to go there and live and open a business. I think I'd be in seventh heaven. If I only got to eat Indian food for the rest of my life, I'd die a happy woman.

Indian food is pretty good, but it's SOOOO unhealthy...

...almost EVERYTHING is fried! but there are a lot of 'green vegies' i guess

i guess that would be pretty cool to do that, it's a WAY different life than here (from what i hear).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I know it's unhealthy. I try not to eat the fried stuff too often. Lots of veggie dishes......like spinach or saag.....yum yum yum. Don't like sweets though. Ick.

Yeah, the way of life is totally different, I hear first hand from my Indian 'family' all the time. But they also say that life is way more laid back there. Which would be nice. I don't expect the comforts of 'home', (Canada), but I even if I wanted them, I could get them. You can get anything there that's available in North America, and if not....that's what internet shopping is for!.
    Last edited by bluesummer; 04-03-06 at 09:28 AM.

Yeah, I know it's unhealthy. I try not to eat the fried stuff too often. Lots of veggie dishes......like spinach or saag.....yum yum yum. Don't like sweets though. Ick.

Yeah, the way of life is totally different, I hear first hand from my Indian 'family' all the time. But they also say that life is way more laid back there. Which would be nice. I don't expect the comforts of 'home', (Canada), but I even if I wanted them, I could get them. You can get anything there that's available in North America, and if not....that's what internet shopping is for!.

laid back! wow, so true! because i've heard the same two words...

...when friends from India visit us, they say that we work too hard, and are ALWAYS 'on the move'...

saag - you like that stuff! it's healthy stuff for sure, but i try to avoid it

i like the fried stuff, like somosas

i don't think i'd ever want to live in India... but it will DEFINATELY be a vacation spot for me in the future... Goa is AMAZING!

India is a spiritual place... it's calm, and relaxing...

the caste system (which still exists), is a load of balls!!! absolutely ridiculous! but that's india for you!

and the Hotel Service in India is AMAZING! the Hotel food is HONESTLY the best i've had anywhere!!! especially the Chicken Tikas!!!

i kind of miss India now........... oh well...

take care blue summer, i gotta 'bounce'...

...nice chatting wid ya!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bye RSK.......I'll see ya around