+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Call your son...

Call your son...

So this morning I was watching a sermon on demand (comcast cable).
    I try to make it a morning routine, by listening or reading the words of God,. Naturally, it makes you think about your own life or people around you. Anyway, the sermon was about children without fathers. As the bishop went on, I began thinking about my own boyfriend. His son lives in a different country while he's here in the state. I know he can't really do anything physically for his son, but the least he can do is call. We've been living together for about two months, and the whole time he's been at my house I haven't heard or seen him talk to his son. I turned around and said "baby you should call your son."

I wasn't putting him down...
    His respond was "leave my son out of this", and became angry with me. So after explaining myself, and why I suggested that, I told him next time I am having family issues, it's only fair if you stay out of it. I wasn't angry, with him but a little hurt. I also told him that I don't want to hear anything else about your seed. Since now it's "leave my son out of this." This is the very first time I actually put my two cents in about his situation.

An hour later, he told me the reason why he said that is because he thought I was trying to put him down... which I wasn't. I just want to see him build a relationship with his son. I was mostly thinking about the kid. Moreover, I feel that he acted very immature.

Long story short, I stood my ground and told him to remember to stay out of my business next time. Was I wrong?

If your a couple; your business is his business and vice versa.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

That's the way it's suppose to be...

Family troubles and miscommunication are better off fixed, but it's not always easy. He is probably having some trouble with his son. He also may not have liked it when you told him to call his son. Maybe he doesn't like to be told what to do. You had some miscommunication with him also. You were being caring, but he thought you were trying to put him down.

You asked if you were wrong to tell him to keep out of your business. Ask yourself if you really want that. Do you want him to stay out of your business? Or did you tell him that because you were hurt? Maybe you do want him to ask you about your family but he doesn't know that. Maybe he doesn't want you to ask him about his family but you don't know that either.

Sit down and talk to him. Make sure you put everything out on the table so there is less miscommunication.

Pears is very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by meguin
    Pears is very smart.
    Thanks.

Rather than ask why he should be so quick to jump down your throat for suggesting he do what should be natural, I think you'd be better off asking yourself why you are interested in being with a man who would neglet his responsibility to his own child.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Rather than ask why he should be so quick to jump down your throat for suggesting he do what should be natural, I think you'd be better off asking yourself why you are interested in being with a man who would neglet his responsibility to his own child.

I know... I know

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meguin
    Pears is very smart.
    Yeah she is!

She even took the GMAT!