+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you handle rejection?

How do you handle rejection?

If your single...then obviously you have been rejected before.
    I was thinking of ways to handle rejection, and thought "hey that might be a good thread to start"....get everybodys opinion on it.

Personally, I start by getting ahold of a friend who I have not talked to in a while. Totally putting my life aside and see how they have been doing....It keeps me from worrying about what is going on in my life. Catching up on old times can bring laughs and smiles. Doing my best to ignore the Ego Diminishing that rejection creates. Even if I was really into the girl...It takes a matter of days if that to get over it.

So how does everyone else handle it?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Or you could be like me and not ask anyone out until it is BLATANTLY obvious they are into you. That way you don't have to deal with it at all. Drawback is that there's quite a bit of time between dates.

Alexi

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha if you're single, then maybe you just never got into a relationship yet.

as for rejection.. usually i turn to my friends and get drunk and try to forget the problem. true it will be there in the morning but i think when you forget about it and come back to it later, you have come to terms that there is no way around it so why not deal with it. **** it if she comes back or not, you always got your friends to turn to. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

drowning your sorrows in beer... thats what I do. Having a few friends with you helps too. I have to say thats what I do.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Beer is the old friend I was talking about j/k

Napoleon I

haha old faithful... beer....

I don't handel rejection well. Its tuff. you just havae to find ways to get over it. Do things you like to do and spend time with friends to help you get your mind of things...

If beer is involved.. well.... CHEERS!!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Beer temporarily solves all my problems. Like now.

I'm drinking. I think I've drank more beer in the last few days than I have in months.

LINEBACKER 2

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    beer??? i'm not talking about beer, i wanna forget my problems as quickly as i can so i grab a bottle of crown. raverboy

Don't handle rejection...EMBRACE rejection.

You know what it means when you ask some girlie for her number and she says no? It means you asked.

Did you have her number before you strolled over to her and asked for it? Nope. Have you lost anything by not having it if she declines to tender her digits? Nope.

Did you have a date for tomorrow night before you asked the hottie you work next to at the mall out? Nope. Have you lost anything if she says she's got to curl her hair? Nope.

And if you're with some chick and she throws in the towel, forget about it! Odds are you tried to be sensitive, went out of your way not to insult her, spent too much time with her, and let your personal interests and goals fall to the foot of the giant glowing frickin' pedestal you'd put her on. You deserve it! All the crap you've ever been told about attracting and keeping the ladies around is useless. They don't want some loser who's afraid to say what he means and tells her his entire life story the first week she knows him and makes himself available to her at all times...they want a MAN. A MAN is driven, ambitious, confident. He's climbing mountains and honing skills, not reading "Men are from Mars, Women like Penis" and writing love poems to that special someone to send over with her weekly roses. A chick should feel lucky she even got a shot at you. That is THE way to look at it.

If you're being rejected, that means you're out there playing the field. Nobody can say they've never been rejected but someone who's never tried.

If you have CONFIDENCE in yourself, rejection means nothing. Sure, it stings at first, but for F*cks sake, at least you're not sitting in a corner Wishing you'd asked for her home number before she left the club. And eventually it ain't gonna sting a bit.It's a numbers game. Ask and you shall recieve. Guaranteed (assuming you bathe regularly and can speak the native tongue of whichever land you happen to be macking in...)

ONWARD!!!
    Last edited by thesynergist; 28-11-03 at 02:09 PM.

Your right.....but the fact is....rejection does take place. Handle it as in accepting it like a man. If she can't recognize a man that is her fault not yours.

As for books? I would most definatley take advice from some of the happiest and most succesful people of our world.....NOBODY lives long enough to make all the mistakes themself. No one is perfect, so there is always room for improvement. Last but not least, NOBODY would ever succeed without the help of others.

It takes a real man to accept the fact that he can't do it all on his own. Be open to other peoples opinions, or else you may never learn anything new.

But if everybody had the right stuff.....It would be like one big orgy....LOL, or would make life unchallenging. Live for the challenge, otherwise your not living at all.

Napoleon I

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    rejections?? shit i thought we were talking about breakups... rejection is like a bad dream. you're not sure if it really happened but you've lost nothing. hopefully you won't see the girl again, that's about it. raverboy

I was just looking for a reason to drink... damn.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    looking for a reason to drink... shit you stole my idea. raverboy

Ill cheers to that!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    dammit, another alcoholic, i think it's contagious. raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast