+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Censored Swearing/Cursing

King Zarathu Guest

Censored Swearing/Cursing

Okay I've come across this a few times and it's downright annoying. I don't know which words are censored anymore but I know it's still here.

1) Welcome to the internet. If you get offended by somebody else swearing, DO NOT GET ON AN ONLINE FORUM! It's that simple.

2) Swearing is an everyday thing that a lot of people do. Sometimes swearing is not always a bad thing. It can help relieve emotional stress and help communicate to others how exactly you feel.

3) What happens anytime somebody makes a post in which their word gets censored? They just go to the magical "Edit" button and replace the beautiful stars with their word with a number in it -.-

4) If you have not sworn in your entire life and you are offended by seeing other people swear, just post that. We'll see how many people can "stand out" in the crowd.

5) Why was this dumb rule put up to begin with? Was it to keep the forum under "control"? If anything, this is preventing people from truly expressing what they feel inside. Is this not a forum where people come, post their problem and get advice in return? That's enough said.

I agree. We're all adults, I don't think swear words should be censored. Like the sk8 dude said it's an Internet Forum if you're gonna be offended don't go online. Freedom of speach n' all people!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

King Zarathu Guest
    Sweet! First reply actually agrees with my suggestion, alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    I agree. We're all adults, I don't think swear words should be censored. Like the sk8 dude said it's an Internet Forum if you're gonna be offended don't go online. Freedom of speach n' all people!
    Are we? Ask skater how old he is.

King Zarathu Guest
    I suggest "adults" should be measured by maturity, not age. So, Converse, are we? Ask Kiechi how old he is.

[EDIT: I think everybody here knows I'm a youngin =)]
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 19-03-06 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    I suggest "adults" should be measured by maturity, not age. So, Converse, are we? Ask Kiechi how old he is.

[EDIT: I think everybody here knows I'm a youngin =)]
    I agree, but then again nothings changed in your case.

"should be measured by maturity, not age"

Haha yeah, I'm 22 and don't act my age lol. I am aware I'm not very smart before you say anything Kiechi, Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    "should be measured by maturity, not age"

Haha yeah, I'm 22 and don't act my age lol. I am aware I'm not very smart before you say anything Kiechi, Lol!
    Na, you're cool Converse

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    Na, you're cool Converse
    Aww thanx!

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    I agree, but then again nothings changed in your case.
    Oh, of course not, I'm 15 and have no right to be immature. By the way, before you call me a high school drop-out, "nothings" should be changed to "nothing's" because the apostrophe shows that it is abbreviating "nothing has."

Oh, of course not, I'm 15 and have no right to be immature. By the way, before you call me a high school drop-out, "nothings" should be changed to "nothing's" because the apostrophe shows that it is abbreviating "nothing has."
    Wow and a grammar nazi to top it off. Damn, you and Laguna have so much in common .

King Zarathu Guest
    You know what? You and Jesus have so much in common. LIEK OMGH4X

Speaking of which, if I'm a Nazi, you're a Jew.
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 19-03-06 at 06:12 AM.

Okay I've come across this a few times and it's downright annoying. I don't know which words are censored anymore but I know it's still here.

1) Welcome to the internet. If you get offended by somebody else swearing, DO NOT GET ON AN ONLINE FORUM! It's that simple.

2) Swearing is an everyday thing that a lot of people do. Sometimes swearing is not always a bad thing. It can help relieve emotional stress and help communicate to others how exactly you feel.

3) What happens anytime somebody makes a post in which their word gets censored? They just go to the magical "Edit" button and replace the beautiful stars with their word with a number in it -.-

4) If you have not sworn in your entire life and you are offended by seeing other people swear, just post that. We'll see how many people can "stand out" in the crowd.

5) Why was this dumb rule put up to begin with? Was it to keep the forum under "control"? If anything, this is preventing people from truly expressing what they feel inside. Is this not a forum where people come, post their problem and get advice in return? That's enough said.
    I agree . Majority is above the age 13 . All should had swear at least once before. You must be a saint if you tell me you never swear before..
    I had seen post with the F word in the forum recently. I guess the censor system is off.

However, we will moderate the post if we feel the user is going overboard .
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

King Zarathu Guest
    No, the censor system is on, just not for all words.

"B1tch" and "d1ck" are examples that I've recently come across, and I know there are more. This is a PHP forum so it should be in the code somewhere, and should'nt be hard to find.

Recently discovered: "assh0le"
    Keep adding to the list people!
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 19-03-06 at 10:36 AM.

Tone Guest
    Keep adding to the list people!
    ****, *******, *****, ******, and *****.

Just here to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast