+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow this is some good stuff!

Wow this is some good stuff!

This is not really offtopic, but I didnt want to post it in dating forum because people usually talk about their problems there. So here's a great website explaining all factors of love, what causes it, why it happens and etc. I sort of found it helpful.
    What its saying is love is an addicting drug just like smoking or any other. Except it doesnt influence you in a bad way. (Only sometimes I guess)
    Basically, it explains why sex is important to love someone. Without sex, theres no love. And no I'm not thinking with my penis, its based on research and research! Maybe teens cannot stay together for a long time because theres no sex? Without sex theres no attachment, which is long term commitment. Sometimes people can, sometimes they cant.
    If you have passionate love, with too many emotions I guess? It will be gone soon, and attachment will be gone. Divorce I guess.
    [url]http://people.howstuffworks.com/love.htm[/url]

Its also a great site, it explains how things work - anything you want to know. From electronics to feelings like love or economy or government. Whatever.

P.S. Now I know what people are talking about if theres any chemistry between two people...They mean it, its just not a saying lol.
    Last edited by Lynx3; 20-03-06 at 09:19 AM.

King Zarathu Guest
    Interesting, checking it out...

If its saying sex creates attachment... duh. And it shouldn't be advocated because teens who have sex with someone become attached, and then are not be able to separate no matter how shitty the relationship is. Sex shouldn't be used like a tool in that sense. Its just something to enjoy within a strong relationship. Kids get ahold of this type of logic and that's why we have babies having babies. Saying sex is long term commitment is stupid. You're committed for reasons other than sex. If sex was the what kept people together, we wouldn't have promiscuous people. But, to anyone who knows much psychology, sex is only one part of a strong and healthy relationship. But it should be noted that this type of thing isn't achievable without experience and maturity, and it is only one small part of a relationship.

But I didn't read the article, and I won't because I'm lazy. I'm just goin off what you said.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    If sex was the what kept people together
    In my head, that sounds like George Bush having a speech problem.

The only reason love was created into the human system is to reproduce, it acts like an instinct. When you are born, you know how to eat. Same way, you have instinct for love. You cant control that factor, its chemical process and its in your brain. Love was made to keep the human population going and reproducing. Therefore, sex is pleasure, because your brain says so, but its also means to keep the race going. That is why its important. In the end, my point is, love wasnt made for the feeling. It was made for sex and to keep the people having children to survive. That might sound a bit confusing when I read it over, but try to piece it together.

Deb, sex is not used like a tool. However, people have turned love into emotional touchy feely. That is not why love was made originally, so why turn it into something its not? There are many chemicals in your brain that you have to release, when they are released, you feel good, thats why you stay with the other person, because he or she makes you feel good. During sex, many of those are released, without it, relationships dont work, sorry.
    Last edited by Lynx3; 20-03-06 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3
    my point is, love wasnt made for the feeling.
    This must be the funniest sentence I have read this year
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

The sad part is that its true. I might be missing something, but that is what the article says. Its only made to make you feel good, just like drugs that get you high and take you to heaven, also to reproduce.

The sad part is that its true. I might be missing something, but that is what the article says. Its only made to make you feel good, just like drugs that get you high and take you to heaven, also to reproduce.

Uhh, what isn't to make you feel good? is the question. Essentailly you will come to understand that we do everything for pleasure and to avoid pain..and I mean EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 20-03-06 at 10:57 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

its chemical process and its in your brain.
    DING DING DING, we have a winner!

This is not really offtopic, but I didnt want to post it in dating forum because people usually talk about their problems there. So here's a great website explaining all factors of love, what causes it, why it happens and etc. I sort of found it helpful.
    What its saying is love is an addicting drug just like smoking or any other. Except it doesnt influence you in a bad way. (Only sometimes I guess)
    Basically, it explains why sex is important to love someone. Without sex, theres no love. And no I'm not thinking with my penis, its based on research and research! Maybe teens cannot stay together for a long time because theres no sex? Without sex theres no attachment, which is long term commitment. Sometimes people can, sometimes they cant.
    If you have passionate love, with too many emotions I guess? It will be gone soon, and attachment will be gone. Divorce I guess.
    [url]http://people.howstuffworks.com/love.htm[/url]

Its also a great site, it explains how things work - anything you want to know. From electronics to feelings like love or economy or government. Whatever.

P.S. Now I know what people are talking about if theres any chemistry between two people...They mean it, its just not a saying lol.

Who give a fawk how it works, we all know its chemicals in the brain..what I wanna know is how to control it..that would be pimp!!!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

well you can control it by having sex and make a nice relationship with someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Uhh, what isn't to make you feel good? is the question. Essentailly you will come to understand that we do everything for pleasure and to avoid pain..and I mean EVERYTHING.
    I know you don't really mean this OV - you don't advocate drug use which increases pleasure. Also, what if killing people brings someone pleasure? Should they continue? Plenty of people don't work within this system.

The only reason love was created...
    First off, why are you saying sorry? I said sex is an essential part of a strong relatoinship. BUT, its has been long known that one cannot apply the instincts of other species of animals to humans. Humans are evolved enough to be self realized individuals capable of complex emotion and thought, which most animals are not. Most animals do things in order to procreate and carry on the existence of their species. Humans do not. Being the dominate species of the planet, nothing threatens our existence (except ourselves). Here's an example of something that we do that is contrary to your line of thought:

Our culture believes that tall skinny women are the most beautiful, ie supermodels. But tall skinny women ovulate less or not at all, and are therefore usually incapable of having offspring. Therefore it is contrary to the logic to be skinny if one cannot procreate. I've taken a whole Evolution of Behavior class, as well as a Psychology of Gender class, all about this sort of stuff.

Yes, chemicals are released when we feel pleasure. This does not mean chemicals are responsible for the way we feel. Obviously differenct people have different concepts of pleasure. If your logic was true, we'd all do the same things for fun, and there'd be no such thing as masocists [sp?], murderers, homosexuals, people who don't like ice cream or rollercoasters, etc. Love is an emotion which we feel and which is created when we find ourselves in a situation that we define as being "in love". Chemicals do not determine love. Sorry.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

There are many things that threaten our existence

-There could be a global virus that will stop human reproduction
    -Another planet can crash into earth
    -Other race can attack us, it might seem idiotic, but with all the G type stars out there, who knows, theres almost 100% life exists on other planets

Just because we rule our planet doesn't mean nothing rules us.

Chemicals in your brain does not DETERMINE love, it makes you feel it. How were humans formed in the first place? How was the brain formed with these complex feelings? What if the chemicals that are being released when you are in love weren't there? You probably would not feel anything. Humans were created to adapt to the environment, one of these factors was reproduction, which is just a natural instinct, just like doing other things when you are born. Chemicals ARE responsible for what we feel, nervous system and etc. However, different people have different ways of stimulating these thoughts, thats why everyone likes everything differently.

King Zarathu Guest
    Hah. All of this information was in a documentary called "What The Bleep Do We Know?"

Lynx3, are you saying that if you didn't have a "love chemical" bouncing around in your body then you wouldn't love you parents?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast