+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance, internet relationship, possible woes from other partner, any ideas?

Long distance, internet relationship, possible woes from other partner, any ideas?

I am in a long distance relationship with a great girl. She had previously had a crush on this guy, and a neglectful relationship. I brought this up a few days ago, and she became very uncomfortable, and is now kinda reserved, and I think this crush is causing her trouble, or our relationship. I am worried that this will go bad, I really like this person, we are very alike. I mean, long distance relationships are hard, I wish to see her very much, and I hope she shares the feeling, I'm just kinda worried about this other person, I don't know if this crush of hers is chipping away at us, or if shes just going through bad times. Am I worrying about something that I just came up with? I will be really distraught if this ends so quick, but I guess it does happen.

Las gracias por la ayuda, espero que ésta tenga una ocasión.

Sean
    _-Peace-_

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly.....this is why long distance relationships don't work. You need to have that physical contact of seeing each other etc. If you don't have that......its almost as if your single. So the temptation is greater when you find someone around you alot that you are attracted to.

I wish I could tell you that everything will be ok.... but I can't. You both need to figure out if this long distance thing is worth doing....or if maybe it would be best if you both went your separate ways...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

sorry to say this will lead to nothing. Like Ellynn said, internet can never substitute the physical contact shich is essential in a relationship.
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Yea, I was thinking that in the time my head stopped throbbing

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Honestly.....this is why long distance relationships don't work. You need to have that physical contact of seeing each other etc. If you don't have that......its almost as if your single. So the temptation is greater when you find someone around you alot that you are attracted to.

I wish I could tell you that everything will be ok.... but I can't. You both need to figure out if this long distance thing is worth doing....or if maybe it would be best if you both went your separate ways...

agreed ^ shes starting to miss having someone physically and so this crush is her substitute, possibly tell her you guys will date or something so that you wont get cruashed if she starts going out with the guy.

How? She lives in Wisconsin. Long distance was the key word

Pssh. My long distance girlfriend will be arriving in a little over 3 hours. But it sounds like you're young, not even out of high school yet. It takes a lot of time and freedom to carry on a long distance relationship. You have to be able to visit each other, because as others have said, physical stuff is necesary.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Thing is, she denied everything when I asked her, and she snapped back to her normal self, that is what confuses me. When she's reserved like that, I tell her a nice complement, or I listem to what she is telling me that is wrong. She told me that her and her best friend were fighing, but goes right ahead and says later on in the same talk, that she's her best friend, which hinted me to a cover up, of which I didn't know. Putting 2+2 together told me that it was that other guy. But I can't expect her to be s far away from me, and be loyal enough to stay sterile. I am probably just babbling over a childish infatuation, I don't know, I only know that I really seem to connect to Mary, she's just a puzzle, I'm having trouble solving.

I mean, she goes and says that she (as in Mary's friend) is so awesome, as if nothing in the world is wrong, 15 minutes after she was opening the floodgates to me over her feelings.
    Last edited by seanieb; 21-03-06 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanieb
    I mean, she goes and says that she (as in Mary's friend) is so awesome, as if nothing in the world is wrong, 15 minutes after she was opening the floodgates to me over her feelings.

Only three things in this life are certain: Death, Taxes, and Women Being Completely F-ing NUTS.

Yea, thats expected

Update: Her and her friend have had a fight...... again

ANOTHER UPDATE: oops, caps lock got stuck, anyway, I talked to her just now, and we worked a few things out, and she is fine with the relationship

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wisconsin huh? what part?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Hey Sean...

I hate to say it but IMHO long distance isn't the way to go. I mean, it can work, because people make it. But my preference is that I can hop in my car, and take a 10 min drive whenever I want to see her.