+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to not get labeled a stalker 101

How to not get labeled a stalker 101

I’ve see this a lot on this forum – people being afraid they are going to come off as stalkers when they first meet a girl – so I hope this helps you in some way:
    Note: This does not guarantee the girl will be attracted to you.

Lesson 1:

If you want to profess your feelings right away to a girl that you don’t know – to avoid being labeled stalker/freak, do it in front of a crowd. Involving people in it is a big plus, too – talk to her friends in front of her. She sees that you can interact with other people well and your openness tells her you have nothing to hide. Even if it embarrasses her, it won’t freak her out, which would be much worse.

Again this is only for those bold souls who cannot wait for weeks, or months on end to tell the girl of their dreams how much thy adore her, and must do it now meanwhile don’t want their name changed to “Stalker.”
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 21-03-06 at 03:03 PM.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Meh, I would rather tell her in private.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even though trying a guy would be trying to be open by doing this.... It could also freak a girl out. He's just more open about the fact he likes her.....could still be a stalker thing... I think if anything.....it should be done one on one. And if shes not interested....then get over it. Don't bother her, drive past her house, or follow her.....lol.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    drive past her house.
    What if she lives on a street that is convenient to use as a short cut? or just looks pretty with trees and stuff?

I think we just lost our Only Virgin...Stay with me...Don't walk into the light!
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Talk about embarrassing. Imagine the horror a girl would feel if some dude came up to her in the middle of her friends and the weirdo started professing his love to her in the middle of lunch.

If you want to get close to the girl of her dreams, don't take the Romeo version of walking up to her with a harp and goofy hat quoting a sonnet of love. Just talk to the girl like a human being. You don't have to do a song and dance....that lands you in the freak show department.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Talk about embarrassing. Imagine the horror a girl would feel if some dude came up to her in the middle of her friends and the weirdo started professing his love to her in the middle of lunch.

If you want to get close to the girl of her dreams, don't take the Romeo version of walking up to her with a harp and goofy hat quoting a sonnet of love. Just talk to the girl like a human being. You don't have to do a song and dance....that lands you in the freak show department.
    Haha, I agree but you have to agree Cybog..it would be pretty comical for the rest who are at the lunch table.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMalkovich
    I think we just lost our Only Virgin...Stay with me...Don't walk into the light!

What the hell are you talking about?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybog

LoL I agree.

Sorry OP, pretty lame idea.

Keeping your paws off the telephone helps a lot too....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Coming from the right guy, I think it *could* be flattering. Certainly it would be less intimidating than having a guy approach you out of the blue, although yes, it could be a little embarrassing. She would probably get a good laugh out of it, though.
    Last edited by vashti; 22-03-06 at 04:14 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I agree with Cybog. I don't like this idea to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say be subtle about it all and talk to her like a human being (as someone else suggested). If you hint at it in a mild way......by complimenting her.....or asking her how shes doing. Or just being concerned......I think the message will come across....in that subtle way. Gauge her response. Either way at least your making yourself noticeable to her. If she likes you...she will let u know in one way or another. At least by giving her some warning.....she might be able to see this coming... so You dont catch her off guard or out of the blue. A simple...."wanna hang out sometime" usually implies enough. At least until you know each other well enough to discuss feelings. Then go from there.

Remember.....a step at a time. Or the girl is gonna go running....in the opposite direction.

And Please don't embarrass her by making a public display of your undying love for her......at least not until the two of you are really serious......
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

*Looks and makes sure he wrote the original post in English*
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 22-03-06 at 12:43 PM.