+ Follow This Topic

Thread: God, no?

God, no?

Hi - me again, I'm afraid.

Well thanks to everybody who replied to my earlier posting asking whether the guy liked me or not. I've decided I have to tell him how I feel for my own sanity and the fact that I just can't stop thinking about him.... I was thinking of telephoning him tonight to see whether he'd like to meet up for a few hours over the weekend....

However, I've just had a very long chat with a close female friend - she has never met this guy, and she said something that makes me think maybe/perhaps, and I really thought I could run this past you guys... She said he sounds like he could be gay? Her reasoning for this was that gay guys will do stuff like below, but never actually ask the girl out.

Okay. Here is why. I told her that he had sent me romantic songs, had asked me to meet him to watch a sunset and had even asked my friend what the situation was with my boyfriend (EX - I hasten to add) and has already told my friend that when I was with ex I was mad as he treated me so very badly. However, he has emailed me to say that him and his old school pal are both searching for the "The One," that he had been out for dinner with some very attractive women, but they lacked depth. I work with a lot of gay guys and I asked one of them whether they thought he was gay, and he said yes. I asked why and he said because he was in touch with his feminine side and the type of music he liked to listen to. BUT then if he was gay, why would he be doing all of this, why would he be sending songs with very poignant lyrics.

God, what do others think?!

well dont make asumptions. ask him to hangout like you were going to if he is gay you will find out. otherwise hes just a romantic guy.

There's NOTHING wrong or gay with sending songs that remind you of someone that you care about. I'm compiling a CD now in fact for my love interest. Not sending it yet, probably a bit too soon in the R/S but I did think about calling and playing her a beautiful song into her voice mail. Problem is she has caller ID and would know it's from me, I wanted to tease her a bit.

Anyway, I'm straight as an arrow but I do have a number of gay friends. I can do that as I'm sure of my sexuality. I have learned that a lot of gay men like to think that exery other guy is gay. That could be why your co-worker said that.

It's not gay to be sensitive and romantic. It's just rare. You may have found a good one.

Edited to add. I like the 'watching a sunset' thing. Good idea, I think I'll ask my new girl to do that soon. It'll either make her melt or scare the s**t out of her and she'll run....
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 25-03-06 at 01:01 AM.

He's not gay and your friend is an idiot.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

katy123------Nah, he's not gay.

Why don't you let him make the move? He's a guy. Guys know what to do and it's better for you if he tells you first that he likes you etc etc.

He doesn't sound gay to me.

But he does need to come right out and ask you out.

Yah, my ex asked me to go watch the sunset a couple times. It was awesome.