+ Follow This Topic

Thread: good friend, has girlfriend

good friend, has girlfriend

Sorry in advance for the rambling:

So, I've known this guy for a year-and-a-half now, since we started college together. Well, when I first met him, I had a bit of a crush on him, but it wasn't serious and, even though he was single, I got over it quickly. After that, we didn't have classes for a semester, so I really didn't see him much. Las fall, though, we had a couple classes together, as we do this semester. In late January, I realized I had feelings for him. I disregarded them at first, figured it was just a little crush. But, I've since realized that I can't stop thinking about him, and that everytime I'm sitting next to him in class I just want to kiss him. He's one of those "nice guys" with a great sense of humor, brains, and I know he knows how to treat a girl right.

I know he's got a girlfriend, they've been going out for about 8 months, but from what I can tell, it's super-shaky between them now, since she's bringing the drama. I know I *want* to tell him how I feel, but I'm worried that will make things really awkward between us. The main catch is that I've only got till the end of the semester, since he's transferring, so I won't see him as often.

Should I tell him and hope he thinks I'm worth leaving his girlfriend? Should I hold it in till he dumps her? Should I pray for the one drunken night?

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

*The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them*

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't ever want to be a reason someone ends a relationship... That's never a good thing for anyone.

It's not a good idea to do anything knowing he has a girlfriend. If you two meet down the road and you both are single then ok, but don't meddle in other's affairs..
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I agree with Rosebud, it's not a good idea usually to become the reason someone broke up.

Does he talk to you about his girlfriend problems? If so, to what extent has he explained the situation?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We always seem to want most what we can't have, but if he dumps her for you, you can expect him to do the same to you later. Besides, if you are a person of any quality, the guilt would get you later.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Agree with all above. You need to wait and see what's happend! Don't rush! And remember that you shouldn't be a reason of his dumping gf!