+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should I end things with her?

should I end things with her?

Hi all, Im just after a bit of advice please.

Im a 32 year old male, with a couple of relationships behind me, I always thought it would be hard to fall in love, I have played the field most of my adult life and only been in love once (I think)

Anyway I was working in the republic of Ireland for 4 months, and met this wonderful girl who is 24, she works on the site I was working on, She is one of the Health and Safety ofiicers, After a month of flirting with her, she text me one night and me being me sent a flirty text back, anyway it worked and we went for dinner, had a good night and arranged to go out again, (as long as i kept it too myself, well on a site with 500 men on it we had to do things quitely) we went out a few more times and used to meet after work for a kiss and a chat. Anyway one day I turned up for work and my boss met me, our company had decided to send me back to the UK before the job was over (said I was needed at home)

I spoke to my girl and we met that day for lunch, I told her I wanted to keep on seeing her and she said how is it possible? I said well we can fly over and see each other its only half and hour flight after all, she agreed, I have been over twice to see her now for weekends, After the first time I went on holiday which was booked this time last year, then I came back and she went to New York for 10 Days, when she came back I went to see her again everthing was great, presents, sex everthing. She is supposed to be coming to see me at Easter her flights are booked and everything!

She has exams in May and says she is studying late after work, I text her about 7.30pm to see how her day has gone and sometimes its 2 to 3 hours before she replies, when we talk on the phone everthing is great.

My problem is I'm feeling a bit low at the moment, work is rubbish and all i seem to think about is her, I dont know wether to finish things with her because I feel like she is seeing somebody else (one of my female friends says not too, she has exams and will get in touch when she finishes studying) I would move over there tomorrow if I thought thats what she wanted.

1. Is she seeing somebody else?
    2. Can things work out with the distance betweeen us?

Please Help

Offer to move back and see what she says?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

King Zarathu Guest
    The only one that REALLY knows the answer to question #1 is her. So, why don't you ask her instead of us?

As for #2, yes, probably. Though she is 24 and you're 32 you could both be looking for different things. It is possible that she's looking for just fun and games (and sex ) while you're looking for a solid relationship.

These are things you need to talk to her about, and if you both love each other then best of luck to you.

I am not going to bullshit you with some made up answer. I didn't read the whole post so I am not qualified to give you a good one.

King Zarathu Guest
    Heh, why'd you even post?

You ought to try to get together with someone closer (geographically). It sounds like you are not a low-maintenance guy.

Long distance is not for you.