+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is WRONG!

This is WRONG!

A friend of mine told me that her friend wanted to meet me but is "too nervous" to. How is this possible! There is nothing to be nervous about. How could anyone be nervous about saying hi? I love meeting people. GRRRRR!
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Some people are more nervouse then others. Usualy comes from there history or environment they are grown up in. Just tell her that you want to meet her becouse you dont want to just wait around pointlessly when it will happen eventualy.

Have you met this person before? Or is it more of a blind date? It seems like blind dates are more nerve racking..

Oh, no it's not a date at all. I have no idea if she saw me for the first time or not, haven't asked. I just heard she wanted to meet me, but was "too nervous," too. It's crazy to me...how anyone can be too nervous to just say "Nice to meet you."
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some people insanely shy, which would be hard for a person who is not shy at all to understand.

Try not to judge too much. Socializing can actually be incredibly terrifying to some individuals.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

well ask your friend for hints, what's this meeting is about. it could be a blind date and you have no idea. she probably noticed you before. or maybe she just heard a lot about you.
    get your friend to clear you up

No. She is too young for me anyway. But, I think this is a pattern with me. And I'm missing out on great girls like that (that are the right age).

Again? You're a jailbait-magnet! J/k, I know they're not thaaaaat young. Or is she? how old is this one, and why do you attract nervous wrecks? Are you George Clooney IRL?

Yeah, again. This one is 15. Everyone tells me I look much younger for my age...I don't know why I attract so much jailbait. There was one that was 14 that wouldn't leave me alone, but I ended it.

PS I also seem to attract older women, but it's hard to tell if the women my age like me - they hide it too well it seems, or are not attracted to me. I have no idea.
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 01-05-06 at 08:07 AM.

Aren't you somewhere around 30 years old? 27? I can't remember. Where are you meeting all these tender young things? Do you hang out at the mall?

And let's hear some more about you attracting older women. I anticipate a very amusing story there.

Yeah, I'm in my late 20s.

Well, I don't hang at the mall, I do go to the mall ocasionally - teenagers are just like any other demographic, they are everywhere, so you can't avoid them even if you wish.

I don't talk to teenagers, they talk to me. I don't avoid them and don't mind them as friends, I just have nothing to say to them although I have to be fair not every single one of them is that imature. And I do appreciate anyone who appreciates me, regardless of age.

Sometimes I meet the moms first and the daughters start to like me, sometimes it's the other way around.

The 14 year old that I mentioned above, I met before I met her mom. Her mom told me she was constantly talking about me and that she (her mom) thought I was a boy. And the girl told me that her mom said I was "HOT." It's a very strange feeling when the mom and the daughter like you at the same time.

Eeew. Some things should not be shared. Shoes, okay. Men, not so much.

When are you going to post something about you hooking up with someone within 5 years of your own age? Do you not ask people out, or what? I don't hear a lack of confidence in your tone- are you lazy?

Oh, wait! I know! You should get to know Shygirl- she's planning to go up and kiss someone she doesn't even know!

I kid, I kid.

But really, from your posts I've learned that you tend to have a very unsettling effect on the opposite sex. What's the deal?

What do you mean by "unsettling effect?"

I'm used to girls asking me out when I was younger and now I just don't seem to have the know-how to do it. It seems I don't even realize that I need to do it. I expect the girls to come to me - unconsciously. I also don't like to rush or force things. I like things to happen if they will.

Just one instance of the situation now: I go to a bar; girl sees me, tells me how "gorgeous" I look, buys me a drink and runs. She just bought me the drink and left. Don't ask me to figure this one out. I'm not trying anymore.
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 01-05-06 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMalkovich
    What do you mean by "unsettling effect?"

Um, how about when something like this happens...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMalkovich

Just one instance of the situation now: I go to a bar; girl sees me, tells me how "gorgeous" I look, buys me a drink and runs. She just bought me the drink and left. Don't ask me to figure this one out. I'm not trying anymore.
    You must be really, really, ridiculously good-looking.

I would love it if that was the case, but I don't think that's what it is.

Although yesterday, I got a ridiculous amount of attention from women when I went out - it was shocking...from girls with boyfriends, married girls with children...even guys. I don't get it all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast