+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a little psychological help..

Need a little psychological help..

Well, basically, around October, I started seeing some girl. We are both around 18. She pretty much was a rebound from my two-year girl friend, but I said she wasn't the whole time. There was a little then a month between the two girls. Anyways, we were never fully boyfriend/girlfriend. We acted like it, but we were just seeing eachother. We were rather on and off, and it was really affecting my emotions. So, one day in April, we decide to call it quits, but then we ended up having a little 'fun' in my car, and she ended up telling me she loved me.

After that, we hung out a couple times in the next week and it was awesome. However, a couple weeks after that, she told me she really didn't want a boyfriend at all, and I was pretty hurt. I didn't show it in public too much, but I was/am really sad. I have a history of depression, even when I'm totally commited to one girl and happy with her, so I finally got some medications(Lexapro) a litte over a week ago.

I went to prom with this girl, and she was being a real bitch the whole night. She wouldn't really dance with me, etc., and it was driving me nuts. She ended up being prom queen, and that kinda hurt me even more since I am thinking "Oh man this used to be my girl." We got on a limo afterwards, and I just had an anxiety attack. I had to get off the limo, I really didn't want to be around her. She triggers my depression too much. I lost my mind for a little bit, but ended up going to a friend's house and having some fun with my good friends.

Anyways, I have a lot of heartache right now. I haven't been totally through this healing process, as I just rebounded the first time, and I need a few tips or anything. I really do not want to rebound again, as I just keep getting hurt feelings, and I'm going to college soon so I don't want to get attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    YOu need to resist the temptation to try to replace her with another girl ASAP if you want to learn from this experience. Spend the time HEALING and relecting on the nature of the relationship. Consider the whole experience an opportunity for growth.

By the way, when you say you had an anxiety attack, do you mean that literally?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, I was on the limo, and I couldn't take it. I just wasn't fitting in, really wanted to be with other people, and it was awkward as hell for me. Just broke down for a while, haha. Can't control it..

Its good that you got some help (meds)

If you don't want another rebound, just don't get into another relationship. Spend some time doing stuff that you like to do, or call up some old friends or whatever.

Would it be wrong to randomly hook up with some girl at a party? I'm not really that kind of guy, but I think it'd be nice to do it at least once in my lifetime

Just gotta make sure I don't in a relationship..

Sigh, can't stop thinkin' about her. It's only like this at night when I have a hard time being able to do anything.

*sighs*

i know - the nights. too well.

sometimes i think at least it wont get any worse. its all uphill. just have to battle it out to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniden
    Sigh, can't stop thinkin' about her. It's only like this at night when I have a hard time being able to do anything.
    It will get worse before it gets better. Take some "you" time and hang with friends. It will get easier even if you don't think so...and soon enough you'll be out having a good time and when you see her, you won't hurt like you used to...you may not ever lose the feelings for her, but that's okay. Like I said, it'll get better...just go out with your friends...rebounds are no fun...college is, though...I just finished my first year...you'll make it.

as sartre said once: "you are absolutely free to do anything you want, as long as you are absolutely responsible for everything that you do"... wait a sec... i think that's just me twisting his words...

anyway, go out. have fun. don't do it for the wrong intentions. you got it on with that girl because of a rebound - this is as wrong as any wrong intention can get. you need to heal things with that girl. but before that, you need to heal things with the girl which was the cause of the rebound. nip it in the bud, so they say ^_^