+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he a rebound?

is he a rebound?

Okay so those of you who have read my posts know i kinda had a thing for this girl who started dating someone else shortly after the end of a long term relationship and i was talking to her about it (because im the best friend ) and she is sure its not a rebound but she dated the other guy for like a year and a half and now less than a month later theres someone else any thoughts would be appreciated

I don't remember the details, but I seem to remember you're trying to get out of the Friend Zone. Is that right?

Yes, he's a rebound. She may be stubborn about it and continue to date him, but it's too soon to be anything else.

so should i bring it up to her or just let her do her thing because i thought she would be one to realize if this guy was a just a rebound but i guess "it feels to good to be a rebound" cause she's done a lot of thinking on it (that last part was with a sarcastic tone)

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay2253
    so should i bring it up to her or just let her do her thing because i thought she would be one to realize if this guy was a just a rebound but i guess "it feels to good to be a rebound" cause she's done a lot of thinking on it (that last part was with a sarcastic tone)

Okay, honestly no one on here can tell you whether it's a rebound or not. Yes, it is soon after a relationship, but maybe she's possibly liked this guy for a while or at least had a connection with him. I know someone who was engaged and was broken up with and everything and he's not out to find rebounds, but to find someone he can click with and possibly have something with...now if it was in the same week...most definitely...but maybe her feelings for her ex weren't as strong as she thought or as strong as others thought. I would not tell her or bring up anything about it being a rebound. Let her do her own thing...telling her that, especially if it isn't true...isn't a "best friend" type of thing to do. Just be the best friend, and if you two are supposed to happen, you eventually will...just give it time, be a friend, and if she needs you after a heartbreak, be there for her...but don't push things or try to tell her what is and what isn't...that's the worst thing for a guy to do...or for anyone to do. Hang in there, your time will come if it's supposed to...everything happens for a reason.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm with giga - this is likely a rebound, but so what? She will learn from this relationship too, once it burns itself out, and you will STILL be in the friend zone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?