+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just want to be friends....

I just want to be friends....

Right im new here and im hoping some of you can help.

A few months back i met what i believe to be the perfect girl for me, shes everything i could ever want. We connect in every way possible, share the same intrests and opinoins. I can't get her out of my mind. Nobody has ever made me feel the way i feel about her. I talked to her about becoming more than just freinds...but i got the reply 'I don't want to ruin our freindship i just love being friends with you'.

That hurt me a lot, but we continue getting on like before...even better. Around a week after after that we kinda hit it off, we talked about what happend, we both enjoyed it but she still wants to be 'just friends'. Again this hurt me big time.

All i want is a chance with her, ive heared the same replies off her over the months and she's even said it will never happen, i just want here to feel the same way about me, or at least give me a chance.

Could anyone give me any advice?

...Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Wishes
    Could anyone give me any advice?
    This is gonna sound really harsh and I don't mean it too but... dump her and dump her fast! Tell her when you need a Sister you'll open a convent. Go out and find someone else.

Once you're in the 'friend' zone it's almost impossible to escape. I personally think this 'friends first' thing is a bunch of bullshit. My best and longest-lasting relationships have always been 'lover's first, friends later.'

It's almost like my business experiences. EVERY time I do business with a friend, we end up not speaking. EVERY time I do business with a near stranger, we end up best friends.

Again sorry to be so blunt but I call'em like I see'em.

There's a girl out there for you. You'll find her.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    There's a girl out there for you. You'll find her.
    I can see where you coming from by saying find someone else etc....but you said there's a girl out there for me, well i believe that this is that girl....that's the problem.

I agree with blackiesharley you will notice if you read some posts that once you become friends first then there is near impossiable to get with that girl it has been done but unfortunatley it is extreamley rare i am sorry to agree but that is this crule old world for you
    I apologise in advanced for my atrocious spelling. The advice or View I give probably wont be much good but it may help some one make a good suggestion!
    Cheers Steve

No matter how hard i try to move on.... I just can't do it though.

No matter how hard i try to move on.... I just can't do it though.
    I know how you feel but on the up side at least you are firends with this girl and she knows how you feel and if you do get someone who you like then if you have any problem with her at least you have someone to talk to!
    I apologise in advanced for my atrocious spelling. The advice or View I give probably wont be much good but it may help some one make a good suggestion!
    Cheers Steve

well i believe that this is that girl....that's the problem.
    I'm sure that you truly do Wishes, but you do at this MOMENT.

Remember there are litterly 3.5 BILLION women on the planet. Again, I don't mean to sound harsh, in fact I see a lot of myself in you but don't close your eyes to other possibilities.

Well i've been trying to get over her for nearly two months now, it just isnt happening, Everytime i see her or speak to her i become more attracted to her so it gets harder and harder.

Well i've been trying to get over her for nearly two months now, it just isnt happening, Everytime i see her or speak to her i become more attracted to her so it gets harder and harder.
    If it is just too painful to be friends with her (which seems to be the case), then stay away from her. If there is any way for you to distance yourself from her, then do it! Through time you will learn to move on and be happy again.

You can't MAKE someone like you, either they do or they don't. And if they don't, then move on. Why torture yourself?!

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haven't you heard of "no contact"? You will never get over her until you do this.

For all of you people who thought I was so "mean" because I would cut off a friendship with someone who was romatically attracted to me, read this thread again and again. You've got to be cruel to be kind.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have thought about the no contact thing but its very awkward since we go to the same school and we are in the same lessons.

I really think you should make out with someone else, immediately. It will be easier to forget her if you're thinking about someone else.

There is a huge difference between "can't" and "won't".

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    I really think you should make out with someone else, immediately. It will be easier to forget her if you're thinking about someone else.

There is a huge difference between "can't" and "won't".
    Couldn't agree more. Like the saying 'the only way to get over somebody is to get under somebody.'

Meanwhile, my situation has taken big crap this morning. See my tread.