+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guys hugging guys

hehe ^.^ oh, i've tried that one.. i'm shit at it.

I hug my guy friends pretty often when we see each other, but then again I live in Mexico.

I've lived there before. The men are very macho. Yet they are not afraid to hug. I think it's mostly American guys who have the "Hey! I'm not a fag!" thing going on.

I am italian and not only do we hug when we greet someone we usually kiss them on the cheek. I do not see anything gay about it, I just think that Americans in general are too caught up in that crap.

well said ..

King Zarathu Guest
    I'm Lebanese and we kiss each other's cheeks when we greet. Anybody who doesn't like it can go **** themselves.

cool. Isn't that also a behavioural.. thingy.. custom.. or.. ... zzzzZzzzzzZZZzz...

King Zarathu Guest
    Yes, it is a custom.

Oh, I feel so feminine...

I'm Chinese, and we are not even used to handshakes. For us young people, we don't even greet each other, or just wave our hands, sometimes we just go straight to the point(what we want to talk about, what we want to do.)
    When we talk to each other, we do not look in their eyes, because this eye contact is offensive in Chinese and Japanese cultures.
    If people look at each other's eyes, we may feel that they are trying to dominate us, or find some faults within us, or just staring at us.
    For me, I have had many hugs from other guys, but, got bored of it, I prefer a punch, and we punch each other, till it hurts me.

The only times I hug my guy friends are if I havent seen my great mates for a long time and give them a "matey" hug... it usually comes with a laugh to brush it off cos there is the males typical fear of homosexuality.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by calev
    If people look at each other's eyes, we may feel that they are trying to dominate us, or find some faults within us, or just staring at us.
    As a side note (not wanting to hijack the thread or disrespect anyone).

This is exactly why you look someone in the eye... To see their truth, and to show mutual respect and to dominate also.

I guess my 'culture' (Australian) sees eye contact as a sign of strength, if you look away you are weak.
    *MaJiK*

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by calev
    When we talk to each other, we do not look in their eyes, because this eye contact is offensive in Chinese and Japanese cultures.
    Looking someone in the eye can also be extremely intimate, which is why so many cultures frown upon men and women looking into each other's eyes.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Looking someone in the eye can also be extremely intimate, which is why so many cultures frown upon men and women looking into each other's eyes.
    Damn. Bitching each other out must be shitty and uneventful.

Oh, the drama....

It has to be a culture thing from America/Australia/England etc. I often have friends from italy, france (european areas) who do the whole godfather hug and kiss on cheek thing.
    *MaJiK*

And innocent little boys are just brainwashed to accept this ridiculous "culture", (or better be called stereotype?), or forced to accept it through peer pressure and family pressure, such as the irresponsible and authoritative fathers.
    Don't the cultures of England, USA and Australia promote that men should also be courageous? Then, hey, why don't the blokes dare to challenge the tradition of the society, let's have a revolution. The blokes are not swimming upward angainst the mainstream culture, is it because they fear to be thought weird, or just afraid of being rejected by the mainstream?
    Courageous blokes, why fear all these things, eh?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast