+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys hugging guys

Guys hugging guys

From my experience guys don't seem to hug their male friends very often, yet you always see girls hugging their friends.

Is this because guys are not as comfortable hugging anyone, or maybe because its seen as too feminine to hug other guys and not macho enough? Or maybe I'm wrong and lots of guys sees nothing wrong with hugging?

I admit my experience is limited by I have had male housemates and they seem to prefer insulting each other and trying to prove their dominance by showing how hard core they are. I definately never saw them hugging each other. KNow this topic is pretty pointless but just bored really and wandered what people think.

Ehh. It's just the old standard "fear of homosexuality" thing most guys have. I'm even a victim of it, myself.
    I wish that I could turn back time, 'cause now the guilt is all mine,
    Can't live without the trust from those you love...

Tone Guest
    I do what I want.

I think this is due to two things

1. Fear of being called a homo and people thinking that you are gay..

2. I think women have more bi-sexual tendencies than most men, I would feel very unconfortable sitting on another man's lap for example..where there are a lot of girls who do things like this all the time...
    I know a lot of women that would rather see a picture of a naked lady than a picture of a naked man...still they are straight.
    There is less of a boundery with women than there is with men.
    I think that the chance of 2 girls experementing with each other for example is a lot greater then 2 boys...

If I meet for example a very good friend of mine that haven't seen in a while, then I
    don't mind hugging him
    Or everytime I see my dad (which isn't a great lot lately) I hug him...

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I do what I want.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

ewwww i dont like that
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Yes, men don't hug many times, like girls, yet their friendship can last long than between girls. besides men, don't have to be cheerful between them a few shakehands, or any something like that is enough.

But if great buddies don't see each other for a long time, a big hug it's not a homo thing.

Be aware that if you are a cowboy, things can be different

awww that cowboy movie was so sad... but glad to finally see gay guys in movies that are not portrayed like Jack in Will&Grace.

anyhoo.. yeah, girls have a lot more physical contact. We hug and touch a lot more, and can sit on top of each other in, say, a cramped car or whatever, and have sleep-overs in the same bed, no problem.

The problem is, I suppose, that there's a standard of behaviour established now. If a guy is confident enough about his sexuality that he felt okay with doing that stuff, he still couldn't do it because everybody else would think he was gay. I'd hope most guys are confident enough to know that they're not gay, but it's that accusation that stops them. .. hm. That would mean that the established 'rules' is the only thing stopping men from hugging all the time, and i'm not sure that sounds right. Maybe.. they just don't want to? Or it's the fear of being gay. But that doesn't make sense either; certainly if I was lesbian, I'd like to know about it, rather than pretending i'm not... that'd just be stupid.

guys don't need to hug guys. the only time it may be normal is during sports and sports only, unless you play soccer then kissing may be involved (god forbid). i must confess i do ocassionally give a "manly" hug to my mates, but most prob after a few drinks or like on a b'day or something.

[edit] one more confession. i love soccer and i kissed my tv when australia won. Thank god i wasn't there.
    Last edited by dreamer101; 15-06-06 at 12:03 PM.

King Zarathu Guest
    I hug my guy friends all the ****ing time because you see, the fact that they are my friend displays a strong amount of trust I have in that person. They would deserve nothing less from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    I hug my guy friends all the ****ing time
    haaaaha I bet you're gay!!

kidding but would that reaction put you off? or does it not matter?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is a cultural matter. Italian men kiss each other when they first meet. You all are a bunch of homophobes.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    haaaaha I bet you're gay!!

kidding but would that reaction put you off? or does it not matter?
    I would point you every thread I've created in this forum for the past two years related to a girl I was in a relationship with.

Then, I would flaunt my homosexuality in your face.

i hug my friends. granted its as a joke but i don't mind. lol i even go ask my friends for hugs. its all a joke but i don't care if people think am gay because i have a girlfriend and i know myself am not gay so why care what others think

lmao i eve walked through town holding a guys hand and my arm around him lmao was funny

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast