+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like one of my best friends...

I like one of my best friends...

Ok, here's a long boring story.

So I met this girl probably a year and a half ago, and we became pretty good friends. Infact, I'd have to say she has been one of my closest friends for about a year.

Well, I guess I've always been interested in her a little, but I never really did much about it because we've been friends and only friends, so I guess I just forced myself to think of her that way.

She feels the same way, I think.

Last week I was drunk and we were talking about her asshole ex-boyfriend. Aside from reminding her what an ass he was, I told her I liked her, she told me that she used to like me, but she forced herself to think of me as just a friend. I guess I already knew that she liked me, and she knew that I liked her, even before I said anything.

Alright, well two days ago we were both hanging with a group of friends, and I was making the comment that everyone I've ever liked has liked me back, but almost never at the same time. I have horrible timing.

Anyways, me and her were in the backseat of a car and she knew I was talking about her when I said I had horrible timing.
    and I'm like "Damn my horrible timing."
    she said "It's not as bad as you think."
    and I said "What does that mean."
    she says "Exactly what you think it means."
    and I say "Then it's OK for me to be really happy right now." and I put my arm around her.
    (whatever, I'm lame, I dont write romance novels)

Which is the most I've ever indicated I liked her since I've known her.

Anyways, when 5:00am came around I had to leave, even though I really really didn't want to.

I kissed her before she got in her car, and I'm not gonna lie, it made my day.
    It also made me a bit nervous as to how things would be afterwards.

She told my best friend she kissed me.
    he asked how it was and she said "It was good, but it's Joe."
    I guess I understand what she means... we've been only friends for so long.

OK, so that was a few days ago. Since then, we've been hanging out like... more than we used to... and we've been having alot of fun. Things haven't been awkward either, thank god.

But I have no idea what she wants or what I want. I think I'd like to have some sort of relationship with her... I think about it all the time now. But I don't know what she really wants, and it seems like even after things hapened, we just ended up almost where we were before...

In August, she's going away to college on the exact furthest point in the country from me.
    I was thinking about it last night and I was almost crying.
    It sucks.

I dont know what to do. It sucks. Pretty bad. But I think it could be good...
    Last edited by crazyjoe; 21-06-06 at 05:14 AM.

Joe, go and kiss her again RIGHT NOW.

I mean it. Log off and GO!

sounds very similar to my story...except that my friends still thinks of me only as a friend...shes going away in august but im scared to tell her and ruin my friendship...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, well at first I thought your timing was off, but maybe its not. She seems open to exploring further possibilities for awhile. The only bad thing, is that after august, she will be moving far away!

Maybe its best to keep it as just friends now. I mean, chances of a long distance thing working out are slim to none. (Some people can do it, but its rare.)

But, if you do want to explore possibilities with her before she leaves, then definately spend time with her. Find out how she feels. She probably is afraid of getting all into you KNOWING she will be leaving soon. So maybe its best to talk about it, instead of leaving it all unresolved.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

ehh...
    thanks for the advice, but I guess I won't need it...

everything just up and turned into a soap opera so rediculous I couldn't possibly explain...

I think I can attempt to understand what you mean by "everything just up and turned into a soap opera"

Basically I agree with the above posts... Especially "She seems open to exploring further possibilities for awhile."

So what has happened Joe?
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha you guys are lucky enough to be bored off your asses at work that you have time to read all of that shit. sometime i want an office job too where i can just lounge around all day and do nothing. however, i'm delivering stupid packages to your asses while you roam around the computer... fun.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

a good foundation of a relationship is to become good friends first then friends with benifits... and then its good to go... good luck to the both of you.

Thats exact;y what i'm going through It's so hard

Hey Joe, don't be afraid. You have found her, now go and get her. Remember, to let her into your heart then you can start to make it better. You were made to go out and get her.