+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How long does it take for most girls to get over their ex and move on

How long does it take for most girls to get over their ex and move on

and when i say move on I mean move on with a guy they have already known for a few months and they like, but still arent over their ex so they arent sure what to do.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends on alot of things. How long has it been since she broke up with her ex? If it was just a few weeks ago, then possibly its too soon. If she was with him a long time, thats another factor. If she still sees him on a daily basis, that makes a difference as well.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I am referring to the girl I made this thread about

loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=13186

Shes been with him for a year and a half and just broke up like 2 weeks ago. He was the only guy shes ever been with. She mentioned to me in a conversation when I brought him up that they are no longer together.

Yesterday I told her you probably already know this but I really like you and want to be more than friends. She said how are you gonna tell me this when you know I just broke up. Im still not over him, I think Im still in love with him, etc, etc. But she says she never wants to see him again cause they just aren't compatible as people.

I dont know what to do or say to her now. I know she really likes me but I dont know where to go from here.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well considering she was with him a long time and she JUST broke up with him 2 weeks ago, she definately needs time. IF you also factor in the fact that he was the only guy she was ever been with, then it may take even more time.

You need to give her some space to let her find out what she wants. Obviously she doesn't want to be with him, but she still needs time to heal from it all and bounce back. Let her do that. In the meantime, keep your options open. Then, in time, if shes ready she will come to you if shes interested.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I'm going through thesame thing !
    It's been 2 month's since she broke up now ...

So don't get your hopes up to fast ... cause u will end up being hurt!

My ex was 12 months down the track after a breakup from a 6 year relationship when we first got together.

24 months after that breakup (and now a breakup from me) and she STILL isnt ready.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Well from a guys view, I was with me ex for 2 years, it took about 6 months before I stopped thinking about her ALL the time. But I saw her recently, and even though I wouldn't get back with her, I of course have fond MEMORIES of her.

"Memories" are the key here, most of the time we dont love the person anymore, we just miss the good fun times that were shared.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Usually takes me a very long time if I'm the one that has been dumped.
    Different if I do the dumping.

But if I've had my heartbroken - it can take years.

But that's me. I don't fall in and out of love very easily.

Do you think it would be a bad idea to ask her to do something together next weekend? I already told her I understand she needs time, etc., and asked her if shes still cool after what I said and she said yea she is, said shes "straight" and told me not to worry about it. So we are pretty much back to how we have always been but I dont know where to go from here. Sometimes we sit together like on a bench or something outside very close, basically touching each other side to side and I just wanna put my arm around her but I don't know how shell react or if I even should.

Maybe she's tired of waiting for you to make that move... you won't know until you try.