+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I got played and I feel like an idiot...

I got played and I feel like an idiot...

Hey there, it's been a while, but I really just needed to get my story out.
    So my name's Jessie (I'm a girl) and in the beginning of my this year, I had a thing for this guy named John. Now, John knew that I liked him, but he liked my friend, Renee. Now, Renee would never date John if she knew that I had a thing for him, and John was aware of this, so John decided to tell his friend, Joe, to flirt with me and "redirect my attention" from him so that he would have a clear shot with Renee.
    So I developed a "thing" for Joe, and I even planned on asking him out sometime. John heard about this and realized that "it had gone too far." So he promptly called me and told me that he manipulated both me and Renee and that he was very sorry.
    But I still feel like an ass, and now I'm lonely and I don't know whether the feelings I thought I had for Joe were real or if they were just...I don't even know how I feel anymore.
    I just needed to get it out.
    If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.
    ----
    You love me, yet you have no idea who I really am.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Err... what's the problem? John likes Renee and you like Joe. Sounds fine to me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

The whole thing was a big joke. Joe doesn't really like me. He just pretended to so that Renee would think I was over John.
    It's not even that I'm hung up on Joe, it's just that I feel like an ass for actually falling for everything. I mean, how could I even believe that Joe liked me? He has a girlfriend, and I should have seen it coming.
    I just feel like an ass, is all.
    ----

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chalk it up to the fact that they're both a couple of asses, forget about them, and go have a gripe session with your equally manipulated friend Renee.

You shouldn't feel like an ass, you're not the one who acted like one.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks. I appreciate the support.
    ----

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn. Boys can sure behave badly sometimes. Well, I guess you probably don't have a crush on John anymore. He sounds like a jerk.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

They both sound like absolute tools. end of story.

I certainly wouldn't want to be involved with them in any way, shape or form if they are the kind of people who would do that.

They came out and were honest about it (which would be their argument) but it was WAY too late.

The truth at the begninning would have been better, although it would have hurt, it would have been alot better than being lied to.

If only people didn't take the pussy way out all the time, this world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFlirting
    If only people didn't take the pussy way out all the time, this world would be a better place.
    Not really, but at least we would move on to new experiences quicker.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

...and you should

I bet joe freaked out when he realized you were starting to develop a thing for him, and he told his friend to call it off.

But yeah you were played not its time to get revenge. (The plotting is way more fun then the act but still good fun)

That was completely screwed up of John to do that. It was equally bad for his friend Joe to hang on you too. They both sound like jerks to me. They were being manipulative and sneaky when all they had to do was talk. John could've talked to Renee and said he liked her, but you liked him. She could've then talked to you about it or just turned him down. Either way, he could go on living. It just wasn't important enough for him to be a big asshole about it. I know that you feel dumb for not knowing what was coming, but you shouldn't feel that way at all. He was the ass (and many other things including dickhead and bastard) and you have no reason to feel bad. Poo on those assholes!