+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A commiment Ring

A commiment Ring

Hi every one

Just few months ago my girl friend gave me an engagment ring I kind of rejected it but not in a harsh way i told her to told on to it for now. I said i wasn't ready, i felt pressure for some reason. Me and her argue let say 60% of the time. She nice but some times mean like when she get angry takes it out on me. Now just yesterday i don't know what the f@$&* was i doing to accept the ring again, i saw the look on her face kind of pissed and sad when i said give me the ring but i will wear it on the second finger from the thumb she wanted me to wear it on the commiment finger so I did but I feel kind of scared in a way. I don't know what wrong with me?

Can you guys reply to me ASAP i can't keep this up i don't know what wrong stressing~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I know what the problem is, and that is simply that you are not ready for this 'commitment' - you said so yourself.

Whats worse is that she's shoving this 'commitment' down your throat. I'm curious as to why she's being so possesive over your relationship - sounds like she has some insecurity issues. Look, if a commitment is not what you're looking for from this girl, be honest with her and don't feel sorry for it. You can't help how you feel and you shouldn't be guilted into giving her what she wants.

How old are you guys anyway?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

where are both 20. One thing is that I do love her. And i told her to wait like 2 years see how it goes. I wonder in genral how long does a couple, the male ofemales gives out a wing? 1 years,2 years, 3 years?.. and we been with each other for 6 months.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There really is no 'right time' to give someone an engagement ring - it's very dependent on the individual couple and where they BOTH feel their relationship was headed. In other words, you BOTH need to agree that this is the step you want to take with your relationship......not just her alone.

That doesn't mean in any way that you don't love her. It just means you've only been with her for 6 months and maybe you still feel deep down that you need some time before making that type of decision, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Committing your future to one person is not something to be taken lightly, especially at your age.

When your heart says it's the right time, you will know. It may be with her, or it may be with someone else. Bottom line is, if it doesn't feel right to you, don't do it. And give yourself all the time you need. Some girls can get very very ridiculous about pressuring their men into a commitment.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks bluesummer

Thanks for your advice and opinions i used them to think carefuly and i decided to not wear the ring. She called and myself and her decided to break it off. Like i said 60% of the time we argue and i don't like her atitude some times.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like you made a smart move. I mean first of all, you said you weren't ready for that kind of commitment and she got pissed. And this is only after being together for 6 months? Yikes... You should never feel pressured into anything, and the feeling should be definately mutual when it comes to decisions like that.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Maybe she is insecure, and clearly possesive, and she feels she can be closer to you. I think you shoudl make it clear to her, honesty is very important.Tell her your not rejecting her, you just want to wait till you can honestly reciprocate her love.
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.