+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Want to be friends with ex

Want to be friends with ex

Hi girls,
    I'm new here but I have a question. I'll try to sum it up real quick. I went out with a girl for only about 4 month's. I was real good to her told her I loved her too soon and she told me she loved me. Anyways she dumped me and said she wanted to be friends. It seemed that wouldn't work out as I couldn't get over her. It took about a month of being miserable 24/7 and about 5 or 6 more month's of thinking about her a lot and wanting to be with her. When it became apparent that we couldn't be friends she said if I ever could be her friend to let her know.
    We were friends for a little while but one night I was drunk and left her some messages online. These weren’t nice, and were uncalled for. Nothing too serious but I could tell she was hurt. Right in the message I told her that I hoped she was hurt so she could feel half as bad as I did when she broke my heart. I know it was stupid of me. I wasn't near over her.
    This was in February. I apologized the next day and again seemed pretty pissed and that she could tell I wasn't over her. She said she would be my friend but wouldn't put up with that any more. We've spoken only 3 times online since then. I initiated the convo all times, and they were mostly brief.
    I can honestly say I am completely over her. The problem is that we were such close friends and have a lot in common, even before we went out. I don't want to go out with her but would like to be friendly with her again. I'm thinking about iming her and basically say that I liked being her friend and that I feel like my actions caused me to loose one, and see if she would like to do something sometime, as friends only. Which is really what I want, just a friend.

My Question
    Do you think I should try? It's been a while since we talked. Also if I do what would be the best way to go about this?

"she said if I ever could be her friend to let her know."

"I can honestly say I am completely over her. I don't want to go out with her but would like to be friendly with her again."

You answered your first question. To respond to your second question, just invite her to hang out like you would a friend. It shouldn't be a big deal if you are truly over her. I still keep in touch with my ex. We eat lunch together, chill at her apartment, play raquetball, etc.

well heres a question. should I tell her that I want to be her friend, or would that come off as being a complete weirdo? I think it would be aukward for me to just ask her to hang out because we havn't talked in so long and she might think i'm trying to get back with her.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can understand that. I still talk to my ex of 5 yrs via email (we broke up over 4 yrs ago). However, whenever I suggest getting together, I get no response, so I figure he thinks I'm trying to get back with him or something.....sigh....silly boy.

All you can do is try. She will take it however way she chooses. Just tell her you really enjoyed her friendship and you'd be sorry if you lost that.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi