+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Setting up a date with a girl in the new city

Setting up a date with a girl in the new city

So I just moved to a new city recently, and there's a girl I've sort of met through a friend, and she gave me her number and suggested I call her if I wanted to get together with her some time. I figured we could do something low key, like I'd take her out to a nice lunch or we'd go somewhere and have dinner (and I'm trying to come up with something good to do afterwards). The problem is, I still don't know much of what there is to do and what's available in this city, as far as restaurants, and other forms of entertainment (for a possible after-lunch/dinner idea). Should I try to do a little research and then call her and suggest something? Or just call her and offer her the opportunity to pick whatever she wants to do since she's lived here longer than me?

Really, I'm just wondering if it would be viewed by her as me "not taking the initiative" if I chose the second option. She seems like a pretty normal, laid back girl, so who knows. Hoping you guys/girls can offer some valid advice for something I'm obviously over-thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by swuftygirl
    Well, maybe something halfway. You could call her back, tell her that while you don't know much about the city, you'd like to take her out. Ask whether she has any suggestions then say if not you'll have to go do some research and get back to her. That way she knows your still interested. Good luck

Haha, that's pretty much exactly what I ended up doing. A few minutes after making this thread, I thought to myself "ah screw it, just call her and see what happens", so I asked her if saturday night worked and she said yeah, and I asked if there was a restaurant she would like to go to, and she said she's fine with anything really, so I told her that was cool, and that I'd give her a call "later in the week" (probably thursday or so maybe?) and by then I'd have a good idea of where we were going to go.

So far, it seems like I haven't screwed things up, so that's a good thing.

So I gave her a call last night (thursday) and left a message on her machine to give me a call back when she got the chance. I haven't heard back from her, which isn't really abnormal since she works all day and then probably is out doing something tonight. I guess I'm just wishing it seemed like as a big a priority to her as it does to me. I guess I should give her a call tomorrow earlyish in the day and find out if we're still on for tomorrow night? When I talked to her earlier in the week, I mentioned a specific time and everything, the only real detail that hadn't been ironed out was where we were going, which I've figured out (that was the reason I called her last night).

Normally I don't obsess about any of this stuff, but she seems like a cool girl, and I'd like to make sure I do things the right way. Hopefully she hasn't lost interest already.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why not ask her to show you around?

Well, I wanted to take the initiative and maybe have her be "impressed" (for lack of a better word) at that fact.

So really now I'm just figuring I should call her tomorrow? I obviously don't want to seem desperate, but at the same time, the date WAS planned for tomorrow night, so unless she's totally avoiding me suddenly, I would think she'd expect me to give her another call tomorrow since for some reason she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Well we did end up going out last weekend, and I thought it went really well, and she seemed enthusiastic about a second date. At the end of the night she said "give me a call if you'd like to go out again, I had a fun time."

I called her two days ago and she hasn't called me back yet. I just left a message mentioning that she should call me back and maybe we could do something again this weekend. Last time she didn't call me back it was because she accidentally deleted my message and didn't have my number. But she has my number now....maybe she wasn't interested but she didn't want to be impolite? Or maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe she's got some kind of rule about how many times a boy has to call you before you're allowed to call him back. Whatever.

I'll bet she's not the only girl in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe she's got some kind of rule about how many times a boy has to call you before you're allowed to call him back. Whatever.

Haha, I had considered that too, but thought maybe that was even too extreme an idea to take seriously. Then again, a lot of girls are really weird like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch

I'll bet she's not the only girl in town.

Exactly. I'm moving on now and we'll see what else is out there. Just wanted to get some input on the situation. Thanks giga.