+ Follow This Topic

Thread: jealousy...

jealousy...

Hi,
    I'm 17 years old and I have a wonderful girlfriend.
    I've never been jealous about anything and I never had the need to be.
    But for some reason I'm very jealous when it comes to my girlfriend.
    Almost all her friends are male, and she touches them alot
    She also has an ex-boyfriend that keeps messenging her and she frequently visits him.
    I trust her, for I know she truly loves me.
    But somehow my whole day is ruined when she says she's gonna watch a movie at her ex's house. Or when we're with her male friends and she sit's on her best friend's lap.
    Yesterday I felt so bad because of this, I fractured my knuckle when I hit a wall..., trying to punch away my frustration (I'm not an agressive person at all, I just train martial arts so I often hit the wall to harden my knuckles, but this time I hit the wall a little too hard...)

I feel like I can't tell her to stop doing all these things, so I told her I got sad whenever I heard she was with her ex and such
    And if she could please just not tell me if this were the case..

Is there anything I can do too get rid of my jealousy?

Maybe you need to be more direct with her about the subject.
    And try to remember that this emotion is an emotion that you create yourself.
    If you really trust your girlfriend then the emotion is pointless.

You're right that it probably isn't a good idea to tell her to stop doing all these things, but you could surely ask that if for example you and her were with her friends, she could refrain from touching them a little...and just tell her how bad you feel about this.

That's stupid

what you should do is do what she's doing to you. Go out and make some "girl" friends, and also visit your ex a lot as well. Unless you're a loser and you don't have one.

lilwing89 Guest
    i have been in this situation before with more than one girl. the last 2 times i handled it-what was the best way i think any man can handle this situation- i told them that i get jealous/hurt when they go and do all those things. the first girl quit, and it became a good relationship. we eventually broke up because of other reasons... the girl after that, i did the same thing and she couldnt stop. so i had to stop seeing her, because it hurt too much. just because you break up with someone doesnt mean you dont love them anymore.

if this is something you dont think you should put up with, then dont. but handle it in a way you think is best.