+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Turned Tables

Turned Tables

When me and my girlfriend started going out about a year ago she was a junior in H.S. and i was heading to a local University. Now because i kept in touch with all my high school buddies who had went to various state universities I would party alot, go on week long road trips with my friends and basically just live it up but i would always call her every night and no, i didnt do anything stupid. Now things have changed, shes ending her senior year in high school and as we all know there is lots of partying to be had, I on the other hand just finished a semester and I am just hanging out with my family and what not for the holidays so im always around but now its her who seems to be out partying most of the time. It kinda bothers me actually but im not gonna say anything though because i did the same stuff and she was supportive and just a good girlfriend. I guess i have to try and do the same thing but sometimes it feels like i have to make an "appointment" to be with her some nights. What to do?
    Dances with wolves

Treat her the way you like to be treated, as in she was supportive of your partying, now its your turn to be supportive of hers. Do not forget to trust her, no matter how hard it could be. Try not to let jealousy get the best of you, it is very possible that you may feel jealous, that may be natural, controlling it however is the right thing to do. Hope that helps!
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Yea jealousy is definately there. She trusted me so I'll trust her. I just get the feeling shes getting "bored" of me. Time will tell.
    Dances with wolves

That feeling that she is getting "bored" with you, the negative feeling.....scratch it out(ignore it) and replace that with faith, something more positive.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

It may sound in disagreement with your first impulse, but when you feel your partner is getting bored with you, you should NOT try to contact her or try to spend more time with her! On the contrary you should back off and let her miss you. Once you do a sudden disappearance act, she will realize she has been taking your attention for granted, and try to seek you out on her own.

That is, unless she behaves this way on purpose to take revenge on you for leaving her alone during your "a lot of partying to be had" period.

i agree with IceQueen, let her miss you.
    well, she was supportive of u, so give her a little time off, let her have some fun and let her feel that you ain't around and she'll come looking for you.
    well, u have to reflect, did u make her feel what you are going thru now at that time?
    if u did, it's yr turn to be waiting for her.
    ( ._.)(._. ) *meow meow* ( ._.)(._. )