+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romantic Words...

Romantic Words...

I know this isn't asking for advice, but I can't find anywhere else to put it... please move it to the appropriate place!!! Anyway, what's the most romantic/sweet/lovely/tearjerking thing anyone has ever said to you?

I dont remember if anyone has said anything that crucial.... But I do know I have said MANY things like that to my ex... Damn unappreciative bitches

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by skye.m
    Anyway, what's the most romantic/sweet/lovely/tearjerking thing anyone has ever said to you?
    "I like you...a lot."

Not exactly romantic or whatever, but I'll tell you it was an ego boost for me.

I could write a book about all the romantic things I have said and done for my ex.

In the end, it didn't matter.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skye.m
    I know this isn't asking for advice, but I can't find anywhere else to put it... please move it to the appropriate place!!! Anyway, what's the most romantic/sweet/lovely/tearjerking thing anyone has ever said to you?
    "I want to **** you."

I could tell you, but they probably wouldn't make sense - out of context you know?
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

might be corny and cliche... but "I want to have babies with you"

I guess it really depends on the moment and the person saying it of course... voice inflection and what not.

oh, and zarathu's would have to be a close second

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry, but as for me, romantic moments cannot be manufactured my muttering some cheesy lines. Romance to me requires some actual thoughtfulness, and actions speak louder than words most of the time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Sorry, but as for me, romantic moments cannot be manufactured my muttering some cheesy lines. Romance to me requires some actual thoughtfulness, and actions speak louder than words most of the time.
    I partially disagree.

What I've learned this past year about, well, not necessarily romantic words, but words in general is that the word and the action must go hand in hand.

I can say I care about somebody, to appease them, to make them feel better at the moment, but if I don't reinforce that with some kind of action, the words then become empty.

If I act as though I care about somebody, but neglect to acknowledge it vocally, it can make the relationship confusing or frustrating. How can I truly care for somebody when I can't let somebody know how I appreciate them? Plus, sometimes actions go unnoticed and need to be vocalized.

I learned how easy it is to forget how powerful words can be, especially when it comes to expressing my appreciation for others. I started to just assume that everybody knew how I felt about them. That, doing kind things, or saying kind things once before was all that was necessary for people to know how I felt about them here and now.

But humans tend to need constant reinforcement, reminding them of their worth.

The simple action, of taking a person aside and expressing with words how you feel about them can be a very powerful gesture. One that I think is all too frequently overlooked.

It seriously depends on the moment. Of course, muttering some cliché line at an inappropriate moment will do nothing. But there are times when heartspoken words bore deep into the soul, and those moments are to be treasured.

Hello Vashti.. welcome back.

I think that the words and actions don't matter so much as the feelings behind them. You could say or do the most 'romantic' thing for someone and it could feel unromantic because of a lack of feeling on one (or both) side[s]. However, something so simple could be the most romantic thing to a person. The actions, words... whatever... that seems most romantic to a person is so because they feel like the person did it because of the way they feel...
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

he's not asking WHAT to say, he's asking WHAT PEOPLE have said.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah... If it was "what romantic things have you done for other people" I would have a HUGE list. I'm just a romantic person, you see....

Quote Originally Posted by Khazard
    he's not asking WHAT to say, he's asking WHAT PEOPLE have said.
    She, but yeah. I'm just interested!!! Not looking for advice or anything.

King Zarathu Guest
    I've surprised a girl with a vase of roses, a vanilla candle, and dimmed lights on her nightstand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast