+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to properly greet women?

How to properly greet women?

Hey everyone,
    I'm a 17 year old guy, who's had a couple relationships, but right now I'm single.

So my friends often introduce me to girls, but as they do that over and over again, there is one little question that pops in my mind: "How do I greet the girl properly, to leave a good impression?"

I realize that first impression can be everything in this age group, so how do I make a good impression? Do I shake the girl's hand, like I would with a guy? Do I just stand there and not make any physical contact and wave my hand 'hello'? Or is there a much better way to do this?

I know this is quite a stupid question, but if you could give me some advice, that'd be great!

Thanks a lot,

Rasputin.

Be confident, polite, maybe slip in the ol pickup line everyone once in awhile just to make her laugh...but most importantly be yourself.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try this while smiling. It's an oldie but goody.

Hi ________. Nice to meet you.

I don't know about the handshake. It is kind of formal for a casual introduction in a non-professional environment. Then again, it could make a BIG impression if you shake using both hands while looking sincerely into someone's eyes. On the other hand, you have to be VERY smooth to pull that off without looking creepy. I vote for avoiding the handshake.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

hmmm o.k, thanks for the advice - I'd like to say that I do say "Hi____nice to meet you!" However, my question is, what exactly do I do to not look awkward, and look confident: I've heard 'stand straight' and things like that...is there anything else I can do? Maybe something else to say? Or something instead of a handshake - because I kind of thought that the handshake is supposed to tell the girl that I am comfortable with myself, and not afraid to make contact - but I do see that it could be a little creepy if not done right...so what else could I do?

Thanks.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask her a question. Not too personal, though. Make small talk. And don't fidget.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

When you make small talk...look her in the eyes. Don't sit there staring at her but when she is talking look at her and let her know you're listening and that you're interested in what she has to say.

You could start with the polite smile and let it become the genuine smile when you connect with her eyes. That's pretty flattering.

or you could just meet girls getting drunk at parties and start off by grabbin their ass

or you could be a pus and do what everyone else suggests

just kidding