+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Distance Relationship

Long Distance Relationship

Hey everyone Long distance relationship must be so hard. twice i been away from my boy for 2 weeks it hurt so bad inside how do you guys do it. soon enough i am going to be away from my guy for like a week and a half I am going to miss him like crazy. I am just wonder how some of you guys deal with it. Do you guys find it good that you are away from each other so then the next time you see each other you are really really happy. I guess that about the only good thing about being away from him for a week and a half we will really miss each other. i just want to know how you guys deal with it.

Sami09,

I am feeling the pain you have. I am on long distance relationship(LDR) for 2yrs already. The last time we were together was Nov2005 and never happened again after that. I feel bad everytime I have to go in the airport and drop him there.

I'm very thankful for the technology because we talk online everyday, webcam chat on weekend and we phone each other. It just sucks when I see couples around who are very sweet because it drives me crazy.

But then, the wait is close to an end. Hopefully and in GOD's will, we will be re-united again and this time, it's forever. We will be getting married and I will be moving in his place.

See, patience is virtue! When you will be patient and him as well, everything will be fine!

My last relationship was an LDR across the country, and we only saw eachother for a few days every 4-6 months... so no sympathy for only going a week and a half! This is good for you, though... sounds like you may be a bit needy... which is not a bad thing, just this will toughen you up a bit so you are ready for like REAL distance and separation. It is very hard, but if you are really into him, you guys will pull through. With ldrs, everything centers around whe you CAN be together, so yes, talk alot when you're apart, but make the most of time together as well. Just be sure to be completely outright and honest about your feelings and needs with him.

like i said before twice i been away from him for 2 weeks all i am sayin it totally sucks just wonder how you guys deal. I am going to totally miss him for a week and a half we dated for 3 and a half years almost we are strong and i know we can make it.

It does totally suck, and I'm not sure how I dealt!

Basically, try to avoid the down time where all you can do is think about how much you miss your bf and how miserable you are; just keep ridiculously busy except for the times when you can talk/be together. The biggest mistake that I made, may I say, is lack of communication; keeping everything I felt inside and just waiting for my ex to come to my rescue; wake up call for me, let me tell you! Even though this is a relatively short period of separation, just know that you will be all the happier when you see him again; now if it were like 6 months apart (like a REAL ldr jk) then I would have a different game plan. 2 weeks or so IS a big deal, though and I don't mean to downplay your situation, but just find solace in that people make it work under MUCH harsher conditions. Just make sure he knows how you feel and how much you miss him. One of the things I loved about being apart was making big (sometimes naughty) plans for when we would meet next. It SUCKED in that I couldn't think of anything else for the rest of the few months, but it is a great way to keep yourselves on track and like a build up before a huge explosion (metaphorically and perhaps physically) I'm sure you will be just fine; just keep on task and keep busy! And start thinking of some ideas to keep HIM interested and aching to come back

do you think i should be in contract with him by phone for the week and a half that i am away. when it was 2 weeks i called him a few times . but this time it shorter plus he is also going to a cottage too

Personally, I would definitely keep in touch; unless you BOTH have discussed some sort of arrangement where there is no contact... which I wouldn't be so keen on; that would sound very suspicious to me... Anyways, yeah, maybe a few nights during the trip just call to say hi and catch up on how thigns are going, let him know how much you miss him, and let him know what he's in for when he gets back

I understand your feelings. I've got a boyfriend who lives a 90 minutes train ride away from me, which isn't as long as most people in this thread, but I do really miss him very much. He works a lot, so I can't see him often. Next week I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks, so I will miss him like crazy.

I haven't been going out with him for so long, so maybe it's not up to me to give you advice, but when I really miss him I like to find something to distract me. Maybe go for a walk, hang out with some friends or something. And if you really can't think of anything of him, it can be nice to call him, just to hear his voice and share your thoughts and stuff.

he doesnt want me to call when i go away for a week and a half cause he will also be away doing stuff. Which i dont really get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami09
    he doesnt want me to call when i go away for a week and a half cause he will also be away doing stuff. Which i dont really get.
    Hmmm... have you two seriously talked about your relationship? Becuase if he really said that, then there is sort of a cause for worry... Sounds to me (and I don't mean to jump to conclusions) that he isn't as into this relationship as you are... You should have every frickin right to call him at least a few times just to say hi and see how he is... sounds really skecthy to me... Tell him that it really bothers you that he doesn't want you to call... This is not normal behavior, and I think you deserve to know what is going on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What will he be doing?

Anyway, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about him not being in to you. It sounds like he may feel it is hard to get you off the phone when you call. Guys often resent being expected to chat on the phone like a girl, especially if they feel they are being checked up on. How often are you calling him, and how long do your phone conversations last?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison
    I understand your feelings. I've got a boyfriend who lives a 90 minutes train ride away from me, which isn't as long as most people in this thread, but I do really miss him very much.

geez, 90minutes only! my fiance and me is 24hrs of plane ride away. literally, i live in the opposite world where he is.

yeah, my ex was across the country... only had time and cash for 2 (maybe 3) visits a year... kids these days are so spolied...

he feel its a short time only a week and a half that we dont need to talk to each other cause he going to his uncle cottage and drinkin and fish for like 5 days
    then he comin back and going cottage for the weekend

he feel its a short time only a week and a half that we dont need to talk to each other cause he going to his uncle cottage and drinkin and fish for like 5 days
    then he comin back and going cottage for the weekend
    I'm sorry but I want to say this: It's silly to say that a week and a half is a short time. Gawd! When me and my man talked in 10mins ago, I missed him already like crazy. Sorry, I am so needy I guess...

Anyway, every man has his won way on handling a relationship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast