+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My soul wants her back, but is she bad for me?

My soul wants her back, but is she bad for me?

Hey everyone, thanks for the advice in the previous thread! It's really helped give me some clarity. I saw my ex again and I took her to a rooftop bar in the city. It was great seeing her and I still feel like we have a connection. On the other hand there is still this other guy around that she met online and now they are "going out". While I was at the bar I was holding her a little and getting close to her. It felt wonderful, but I can see she was holding back because there was someone else in her life.

That was last week and we haven't seen each other or talked since then. She's been busy with family stuff, which is why she is visiting the area and visiting her new boyfriend. The waiting is killing me. I just don't know what to do and I'm wondering if this whole ordeal is too much.

We had four and a half wonderful years together and it really was distance that broke us up. But I wonder if it is worth the heartache to try to get her back. Before she came back into my life I had everything pretty much together and now everything has gone 180 degrees. I'm just so lost right now...

lilwing89 Guest
    was the distance REALLY EVERYTHING that caused the breakup?

lilwing89 Guest
    if the distance broke you up, why did she break up and then go out with someone that is also far away?

I broke up with her because I couldn't take it anymore. When she explained her new boyfriend she said she was lonely and didn't have any friends. Distance was a major factor I mean we went from living together to living apart. It was a pretty huge different.

And she lives in a place where there are no men? IMO, she sounds like she has intimacy problems.