+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Periods...

Periods...

Hey everybody, hope you're all okay.
    Well my situation... I'm going on holiday on the 12th and I am due to have my period during the two weeks. I don't want this to ruin my holiday... I have tried tampons but they hurt, even the really small ones :/ I usually wear pads but obviously it'll be visible when I wear a bikini.
    Any tips on this? How to hide it? Any good pads? (I'm guessing I shouldn't wear ones with wings...)
    Any tips/advice will be appreciated. X

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If your on the pill you can just keep taking the active pills instead of the sugar pills. Usually that can prevent you from having your period.

Also, keep in mind that your period won't be for the entire time. Hopefully it will only last 3-5 days? I know mine last longer while not being on the pill. When Im on the pill I hardly notice it and its lasts maybe 4 days max.

I would still give it a shot with tampons. Seriously, I didn't like them at first either, but it takes time to get used to them. If you feel it after inserting it, chances are you put it in wrong. If you relax and put it in as far as the applicator allows and then pull the applicator out, it should be fine. Keep in mind your vaginal canal is not a straight shot. It tends to slope upwards at an angle. So keep this in mind also when inserting one.

If you still can't get tampons to work properly for you, then there really is nothing else you can do but wear a pad. Try avoiding the beach during your "heavy flow" days.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Tampons really shouldn't hurt, you're probably not inserting it correctly. It does take a while to get it right though. I don't know how you could hide a pad though, sorry.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Yea I think hiding the pad was just a desperate idea tbh... Thanks for your ideas btw x

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You also want to be sure you are using the correct size tampon; don't use the super-plus size if you are having a light flow, and it is better to err on the side of a tampon not being big enough. Check out the "teen" size tampons. They are more narrow.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks Vashti I think I'll give tampons another try.

another quick tip: don't use tampons with cardboard applicators when first trying out tampons! That was the first kind of tampon I used and I never wanted to use them again. I personally like kotex or playtex. Playtex is AWESOME! They make slim tampons which are great for trying out tampons for a first time. I used playtex the first year I got my period and I still love them. They tend to make smoother applicators and slimmer tampons. They work great.

I wouldn't worry too much. After a few failed attempts, you'll get it in right and you won't even notice it's there. Vashti is right too. Not only is it uncomfortable to wear the wrong size tampon, it can be dangerous. Don't use a super tampon on a light flow thinking you won't have to change as often. You need to change your tampon AT LEAST every eight hours, and that's pushing it. NEVER forget about it and sleep with it in either! I did that only once and I was afraid for the rest of the week that I was going to develop Toxic Shock Syndrome (very rare by the way, especially if you use your tampons correctly.)

Okay! I'm done. No more blabbing!
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

I'm hoping I can get them in the airport now! Playtex... I'll remember that. Thanks!

If all else fails, and you end up HAVING to wear a pad....try wearing board shorts of a sarong over your bikini bottoms. Best wishes!
    Negative Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

And if all else fails try a sex-change!

Do girls often get canker sores on inside lip and tongue during their periods?

"Don't let your memories kill you"
    I express my emotion by shooting things....

King Zarathu Guest
    I love having sex when on my period. Being grumpy and also able to **** gives me a nice power trip, since I'm constantly indulging in my deepest desires.

Gotta love that Satan....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead6six6 View Post
    Do girls often get canker sores on inside lip and tongue during their periods?
    I don't want to alarm you, but don't kiss a girl who has canker sores on her lips and tongue. You need to wait at least until they are completely healed. They are highly contagious. Don't engage in oral sex, either, or you will likely be getting sores on your penis.

Canker sores are oftentimes (but not always) a form of herpes, which is a LOT more common than you think. You should be okay, though, if you aren't kissing an open sore.

And yes, periods can induce them. I think it has to do with the hormone fluctuation.
    Last edited by vashti; 15-08-06 at 10:35 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?