+ Follow This Topic

Thread: video memory

lilwing89 Guest

video memory

dammit, my video only has 16 mb of video memory. i need at least 64 mb of memory and 128 mb for a good quality. im not sure what kind of upgrade i can get. never upgraded/changed video memory ever.

what i do know is that i have a dell latitude c500/c610 series, with an ati mobility radeon video card.

Your computer may not be able to handle a better video card. Check it out before you buy anything.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Your computer may not be able to handle a better video card. Check it out before you buy anything.
    True.

It depends on what slot you have. Check your motherboard. What AGP slot do you have? I have an A8N-SLI, notice the "SLI." I have a PCI-e x16 and a PCI-e x1 slot, so I have a 7900GT 256 MB DDR on there. But, depending on how old your computer is, you might have an AGP 4x or shit, even an AGP 2x slot. Judging by the fact that you only have 16 MB of memory, I don't think you have an AGP 8x because your computer might just be that old.

Do what I did. Buy all the parts seperately and build yourself a beast. It's less expensive, and you learn more about hardware and parts.

lilwing89 Guest
    bah, i dont feel like taking my computer apart right now. i am on the internet lol. im googling for the specs however.

and i would build my own if i had some more money... right now i am saving up for college n shit.

lilwing89 Guest
    hmm... dammit. i have this:

ATi Rage Mobility 128 AGP 2X

[url]http://www.portables.co.uk/acatalog/Dell_Latitude_c500_Laptop.html[/url]
    ^^ to see all the specs... i just installed a set of 128s for my ram. so i have a 256.

intel pentium iii processor speed 1200 mhz

what can i do?

King Zarathu Guest
    Dude, remember that video card's memory is totally different than your computer's memory.

Go post on my forums, we'll talk there.

lilwing89 Guest
    i know that its different lol.

posted.