+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pandora.com You guys have to check this out

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Pandora.com You guys have to check this out

This site is amazing, I discovered it this past year but I couldn't remember the name until one of my team mates reminded me.

Basically it's a music site where you enter in a band name or a song and it creates a playlist of music similar to that song or band. It's a great way to discover music simlar to the stuff you like already. You can vote whether you like or don't like songs so they know what to continue to play.

Registration is cost free and hassle free, there is a limit to how much they can play because it is a free version, but all you have to do is re-click on your playlist for them to continue. You can create as many playlists as you want. Seriously, this site is a god send.

[url]www.pandora.com[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn that stupid swufty couple hijacking this subforum for their love sap lyrics.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is a very cool link, Frasbee. Thanks for posting it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's awesome cause the music quality is great, it's free, there's little to no ads, and it's great way to discover new artists in genres you already know you like.

I've been using Pandora for a year or so when my normal Internet Station isn't working. Once you train it; it works great!

Every once in a while it crashes my browser though

It's great cause it analyzes the Song patterns and music not just who is singing it or the song title.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Is it anything like Launch? I'm pretty committed to Launch, I've been using it for years, but it has annoying ads every now and then.

it's not playing for me.

If you are using IE it should work. Firefox; not so much.

It's not at all like Launch Giga. You give it an artist you like. It then plays songs from that artists and other similar artists. As it plays; you can rate songs you like and don't like. It analyzes your songs, similar to E-Harmony for example, and learns what kind of songs you like on a deeper level. If you tell it you dont like a song; it stops immediately and plays another.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

actually i think my computer isn't connecting to my speakers. i had to unplug everything to fix something so i think something happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS View Post
    If you are using IE it should work. Firefox; not so much.

It's not at all like Launch Giga. You give it an artist you like. It then plays songs from that artists and other similar artists. As it plays; you can rate songs you like and don't like. It analyzes your songs, similar to E-Harmony for example, and learns what kind of songs you like on a deeper level. If you tell it you dont like a song; it stops immediately and plays another.

That is exactly like Launch. Don't you have your own Launch station?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    That is exactly like Launch. Don't you have your own Launch station?

Launch sucks. Might as well listen to the radio. I listen to an online station that has Tons and tons of great music including, most importantly, a lot of Independant artist music.

And No, Pandora is not like Launch.

Read this
    [url]http://www.pandora.com/mgp.shtml[/url]

You're like comparing Match.com to E-Harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS View Post
    Launch sucks. Might as well listen to the radio. I listen to an online station that has Tons and tons of great music including, most importantly, a lot of Independant artist music.

And No, Pandora is not like Launch.

Read this
    [url]http://www.pandora.com/mgp.shtml[/url]

You're like comparing Match.com to E-Harmony.
    Sounds like it's a better option, for sure. My Launch station is so customized at this point, it's only like listening to the radio if I owned the station.

I usually listen to Indie 101.5 anyway, these days.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It works alright on my Firefox browser. I only ever had a problem once when it stopped streaming the music, but that was about it.