+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Girl is Leaving

My Girl is Leaving

She's going off to school.
    I spooke to her briefly today. But it was somewhat brief, her dad wanted her to go eat dinner and she needed to get off the phone. Is there anything I should have said? She's leaving tomorrow.

Theres this pain in my chest.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

School? Is this college? which does not make sense that her dad still controls her phone time

How old are you two, and is this a goodbye type thing? I feel a little lost here...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she is leaving, you might have said "goodbye - drop me a note or a phone call sometime... good luck in school".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    School? Is this college? which does not make sense that her dad still controls her phone time

How old are you two, and is this a goodbye type thing? I feel a little lost here...
    Yeah this is college. Well her dad buzz her and let her know it was dinner so I naturally presume that her dad would be alittle piss if she didnt go down and eat dinner with her family. I presume its a special family going away dinner.

(I'll pm you)
    Last edited by Henry123; 27-08-06 at 08:22 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If she is leaving, you might have said "goodbye - drop me a note or a phone call sometime... good luck in school".
    Yeah I did Vashti. I got her new cell number and email.
    It seems as the relationship was just starting it was suddenly left unfulfilled.
    I dont know if she knows how I feel for her.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, DID the relationship just start, and did you tell her how you felt about her?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, are you two splitting becuase of this? Is the college still local? Or are you just worried becuase the distance will be a factor, becuase if that's the case I was just there! And to offer some comfort, we made things work for a semester and a half; the break up certainly was not solely due to the distance factor... just keep cool and still be cautious... lots of people get all excited when they first get to college becuase they see tons and tons of hot people of the opposite sex and just want to be free; don't take this the wrong way if that's what's going on...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well, DID the relationship just start, and did you tell her how you felt about her?
    I dont know Vashti. It was moving in that direction. A few things came up on the way.
    I didnt tell her how I felt about her. She hinted at me about her interest in me but I didnt interpret until later on. Later I found out a mutual friend told be that she does like me quite abit and was interested in me for sometime.
    Last edited by Henry123; 27-08-06 at 09:37 AM.

my deepest sympathy i don't kno much about all this but why not drive over and tell her how you feel that seems the best method i can think of, but then i'm just one of those people who would confess there feelings in person and not in an email or over the phone, it may be to late i don't know your timezone but goodluck.

remember she still may feel the same way about you still. You won't know unless you tell her how you feel. (i think)

Hold on... way too much beating around the bush here... what the heck is going on? Is she your girlfriend, or does she just kindof like you through a mutual friend? I think we would like to know more concrete details about exactly what the heck is going on here...

Is she your girlfriend, or .....
    I cant say she's my "girlfriend".
    We made plans together but alot of things has been happening thats has offset those plans. It seems to have left things in a limbo.

....or does she just kindof like you through a mutual friend?
    Nope. I met her originally through an event. (I also met the mutual friend at the same event. She has just met him there as well.)
    Last edited by Henry123; 27-08-06 at 05:18 PM.

Um... still not clear...

Tell me if I am right here... there's this girl you like and you think she likes you kindof through someone you both know... you have not dated nor made any commitments to eachother aside from some "plans" that were not acted upon at all; she is leaving and you are sad because you are losing what?

Ok, it kindof sucks; find someone else Sorry to say, but there are people who have been quite in love and deeply rooted and committed to eachother for YEARS that have to deal with distance; it is hard but by no means impossible. I am assuming this school is quite far away?

So, you can't call her your "girlfriend"... what exactly is it then? Is she just some cute girl you have a crush on? Ok, it will stink not having her around; you'll get over it. In fact, consider yourself lucky for not getting too attached and making the split all the more painful. It will be much easier on the both of you that only a few small roots need to be taken out rather than forests of old trees; which some people deal with on a regular basis. Life moves on, no worries

How far away, Henry? Remember, she'll be back for the holidays. Don't wait for her, but keep in touch and take her out in December.

See? Girls DO like you!