+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What would you think.

What would you think.

This girl has been one of my best friends for a long time, And she always goes out with teh guys who dont give two shits about her, you know what I mean, and she always gets very distressed when those relationships turn out to not be worth it...I have more or less fallen in love with her, but i dont know what kind of reaction she would have if I were to tell her that the guy who is her best friend wants to date her

King Zarathu Guest
    Not going to work. She's too immature to do feel attraction to something that her instincts wouldn't otherwise create the attraction. Just my opinion though.

well shes kinda figured this out, and realized that she needs to be with someone who actually cares about her, but thats yet to be put to the test

King Zarathu Guest
    Oh okay. If she's aware of it, your chances have increased. Tell her.

but im nervous, because i saw a situation similar to this go down abbt a year ago with this dud e i know
    the girl refused t talk to him for months and just thought it was creepy

With best friends or even friends for that matter, you have to be so so careful. For a start, it's usually better if they do like you back - the same way you like them. There's no point in thinking you have a chance because she's realised she needs to be treated better, don't let her "settle" for you simply because you will treat her right - things will go to crap if you do that!
    My best friend and I got together for a little while, but it all started because we did like eachother a lot, in the end though - best friends are people you probably will always fall for, because best friends will love you no matter what. However, if you take the risk of dating, you're also risking friendship and a lot of other things. If you're not mature enough to continue a friendship once you've broken up, your whole life will change - the people you see, etc etc.
    I don't know really, I don't think I would tell her. It could make things really awkward if you aren't sure that she feels the same way.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

I say go for it. The best relationsships are with someone you can be best friends with. You already have a close relationship with eachother, why not go for it? Sometimes you have to take risks for something you really want.
    <3

I agree with the post above, but it's a bigger risk than the ordinary "hey i like you" and getting shot down.
    With best friends I just don't think you should ever really tell the person how you feel unless there is some certainty that the feelings may be reciprocated. It can make the friendship so awkward and confusing.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

With best friends or even friends for that matter, you have to be so so careful
    I feel pretty sure things wouldnt be awkward, beacause a) i cant really like someone if I know they Dont like me and b) we had the "no matter what, nothing can **** this up" conversation

Quote Originally Posted by blakiki View Post
    "no matter what, nothing can **** this up"
    Oh how wrong you are then...

Lots of things can screw you two up... and you don't find them out until you get there There is a huge risk here; basically gaining a lover of losing a friend... I don't see how you two could go back to "normal" after dating, sharing intimate moments and feelings; physical stuff too...

I'm also a bit worried becuase it sounds like you are making yourself out to be a hero figure (not trying to dis you or anything, just making honest observations) like "oh i'm so much better for her than these other guys; we were made for eachother..." which is a bit dangerous... Just to be frank again, the whole friend -> boyfriend thing is harder than it seems to pull off... and just realize that women think of "friends" way differently than men do...

There is no harm however, I think, in just talking about the issue with her; maybe trying to steer her away from the creeps she likes to date; I just wouldn't have a big neon sign saying "choose me instead!" If you are really friends with her, you will want what's best for HER, not YOU... and careful with how you throw around the word "love..." people spend their whole lives trying to understand what it is, yet you have mastered it apparently without even dating this chick? hmm...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know why people feel like it's a good idea to be "best friends" with someone of the opposite gender. I guess I would anticipate sexual tension to develop at some point.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IM not trying to be a hero figure, im just pointing out that she dated really shitty guys, and im not one (hence my thinking she wouldnt consider me at all)

Mods, Admins, Whoever: May I get this moved to 'Love Advice' forum please?

first you gotta end the friendship before you being the relationship. its like starting new paragraphs when your writing essays. in the last line of 1 paragarph u mention what you are going to talk about and then you stop and start a new paragraph. so you tell her how you fell about her and then stop being friends. if she comes back then you start your new paragraph otherwise you don't. but no more being friends. i hope you understand the risks.

and learn how to keep a cold heart. you will need it.

You can have that whole "nothing will ruin our friendship" talk, but I'm sorry it doesn't mean shit all. Circumstances change, people get hurt, etc etc. You NEVER know how things will pan out and you can promise eachother that things wont change, but they will. It's entirely your decision whether or not you tell her, but don't expect things to stay perfect if it doesn't work out.