+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys: "in love"?

nebulachic Guest

Guys: "in love"?

Guys...

when you tell a woman you're in love with her, what does that mean to you? Does it mean you are thinking seriously about her (ie, living together/marriage...)?

Please share your thoughts.

King Zarathu Guest
    I've never felt a true, genuine feeling of "in love," even though I was deceiving myself into thinking so.

I can't reply.

Um... I guess separating "love" from "like" or whatever, it would imply for me a more complete thing... love for me is more of an action than a feeling (and no, not sex) so it's that commitment that I DO love you means I WILL love you...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did your whacked out boyfriend tell you he loves you?

And you're not sure what it means?

I think this question largely depends on age. Love at say 16 means something totally different then love at 28 or something.

Hmm....at 20 years of age...im almost 21...when you "love" a girl you wont ever think of cheating on her, and actually start caring about her in ways that you haven't before. For example, if my girlfriend hasnt slept in 2 days, ill be like go get some sleep ure killing yourself...just as a brief example. You actually care more about the person than just "liking them.

i think ive only been truly in love just once.. the best way to describe how i felt is that i would give up anything for the person i loved...

Some people will say they're "angry" when other would just say they're "a little annoyed", and some people will only say they're angry when they are really literally about to break something. What i'm saying is people simply use words in different ways, so when a guy says he loves you, he might just really like you and wish to continue dating, or it might mean that he is utterly in love and is thinking of marriage/living together. It depends on the guy and the situation.

one time i told a girl i loved her because she told me first and i wanted to be nice and make her feel good.... i know it sounds bad but i did really like her, it was only that one time..

It's situational, like zero, a guy will respond without a second thought (usually). However, for him to initiate it spontaneously suggests a red flag to me.

factors:
    1. age
    2. current relationship with the person
    3. emotional stability

love is a decision and not an emotion. coz emotion fades. when you said you love a person, that shouldn't change. so be careful when saying those words.

When i said I loved someone for the first time I didn't mean it I just said it because it was said to me. Then the next five times i did the same thing probably to get into their knickers. But when I said it and really meant it I was basically saying to her "I'm yours untill you're done with me". Which i hope she never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by nebulachic View Post
    Guys...

when you tell a woman you're in love with her, what does that mean to you? Does it mean you are thinking seriously about her (ie, living together/marriage...)?

Please share your thoughts.
    Some guys just say those things to sleep with you.
    Although I hear its generally not a good ideal to tell a person you love them until you been in the realtionship for some time.

For me personally to say that to a woman. I would really mean but I would be afraid of her taking it as being needy. It might turn her away. Thats what my take is on it.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

If you say "I love you" and mean it (because that makes a difference) depending on who you are and what your past relationships are like, the phrase will mean something different. What I mean is, love is the strongets romantic feeling we've ever had for another. So, when you say "I love you" when you're sixteen, you mean it. But, because you haven't experienced a lot of reltionships, when you say it at age 26, it means something different.

Love has become stronger and deeper, so what was love at 16 is no longer love at 26. And, this continues as we find stronger and deeper connections through our lives.

For me, though, when I've said "I love you," I'd always thought she was "the one" and that I'd be with her forever. To me, that's what love is, being with the person who makes you happiest forever.
    Leon Scott Baxter
    "America's Romance Guru"

Like a lot of the other posts, I'd have to agree that age certainly plays a part in what love means when you sayit to someone. Unless a person has developed emotionally (something that comes with age and experience) its not entirely easy to be sure.

I cant tell, although as crude as it may seem

Saying 'I Love You' and meaning it means touching a woman because SHE enjoys it and not because you want to get into her pants.

In other words, if he gives you a foot rub for no apparently reason other than giving you a foot rub. And that's all that happens. He just might really mean it when he says it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast