+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Isnt it strange...

Isnt it strange...

Having been on here a long time, and having my own relationship problems, isnt it crazy the amount of posts you read where someone is having a major problem with a relationship/loved one, and the vast majority of replies are telling that person to move on and get on with life? Doesnt anyone believe in fighting for things these days? Its just that I was in a relationship and I got hurt real bad, but it didnt stop me loving her, and fighting for her, just wondering what everyone is feeling about this subject, cheers!

I was in a really confusing yet loving relationship for a while and let me tell you, I fought harder than I ever have before and we ended up trying again - but it didn't work out. Sometimes you just know when it's time to let go.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

I've been in a multitude of relationships. Some that were awesome - and some that sucked really, really bad. There were some of them that might have been interesting to salvage and fight for, but for the most part every single relationship that I eventually got out of was because it was for the better.

Relationships shouldn't be about struggle and sacrifice. It should be about understanding and comprimise....and not much of the comprimise part. You should be with someone who you are 100% able to get along with and someone who accepts you wholey for who you are.

99% of these threads are posted as a result of people who got into relationships too fast, married too young, started "loving" each other too fast, called each other "boyfriend and girlfriend" before they even knew what they were doing, started having kids before the thought of marriage was even introduced...etc...etc...etc...

Anytime I tell someone to "move on" with their relationships it is probably because they had no business being in that relationship in the first place. Personally, I don't think anyone should have a boyfriend or a girlfriend before the age of about 28 or so.

There is absolutely no benefit to a man to get married before that age. There is nothing that he can get in a marriage or serious relationship that he can't get as a single guy dating around.

Imagine how many marriages or relationships might be saved if people would throw out all of these tired and outdated "standards" that they have, thinking that we MUST lock ourselves into these pitiful relationships and be "tied down" by someone before we have even experienced life.

That sort of mindset is why we have kids getting knocked up at the age of 15, people getting married at 19 and then divorced in 2 years, or husbands cheating on their wife who got pregnant at 20 and now he is sick of the relationship.

If people would adopt this sort of thinking, this place would be a ghost-town and there would be nothing to post about, because people finally "grew up" before they started trying to play family and husband and wife.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with Cybog, except for the "no relationships until 28" part. I think casual dating is fine, but no serious relationships until after college, no marriages until 30.. What is the rush? Personal development ought to precede any serious relationships.

Why is everyone so desperate to create a sense of false intimacy?
    Last edited by vashti; 06-09-06 at 10:26 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Because half of us grew up in Dysfunction Junction.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti;221550 i
    because out of all that falseness, there might be one worth discovering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time heals everything. If we can re-live the moments that we regret. i miss you bob.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom, skaterboy?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Wrong.
    I respectfully disagree.

=edit=
    bah, vashti beat me to it.

if (English != Boolean algebra)
    rhetort = null;

i'd fight for a girl if she wants me and she's being force by someone (usually her parents) to be with someone else. but if you fighting for someone and she really don't want you already, that's obsession

Even though it appears to be a sheltered viewpoint, I agree with the outlook that no serious relationship should ensue until maturity sets into the later ages. However, there are exceptions to this rule since some people never seem to grow up regardless of age bias.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Even though it appears to be a sheltered viewpoint, I agree with the outlook that no serious relationship should ensue until maturity sets into the later ages. However, there are exceptions to this rule since some people never seem to grow up regardless of age bias.
    as we math people would always say, age is not always directly proportional to maturity

I would agree clark_kent, however, it isn't to say it is not a feasible suggestion to make an accurate prediction.

Borealis
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

right. coz by default, we're expecting people to act their age. until they don't. as i said, it's not always that way.