+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Title

King Zarathu Guest

Thread Title

So, I finally made a decision.

All of the chicks that have been or were previously on my list are now off, except for one. The thing is, she's Mormon, and I don't know what the deal is. Extremely smart, very mature, quiet, pretty, etc.

The thing is, I'm not so sure that there's a possibility of anything happening because of the thing with Jordyn (from last thread. Synopsis: Jordyn cried on her shoulder about how much of an "abusive" asshole I was, but it was entitled overdramatized and furthermore complete and utter bullshit.) and because of Mormonism.

Now, here's my question. [I can have a conversation with her because just yesterday we were walking down the hall together having a conversation (nothing special, just about school).] Do I research Mormonism or should I just ask her about her religion, on the base that I don't know anything about it and I'm open-minded?

She's open about it because she's brought it up in class before. I'd rather go with the latter option, seeing as the former would make me feel like a creep. Actually, posting about my problems on these forums make me feel like a creep...so whatever. Anyway, I think she might know that I used to be seriously into Satanism, so I'm not so sure how I should go on about doing this.

Ideas?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well we both know that religion is a topic best avoided unless it's something you have in common. However, I'd say if you were gonna learn about it, you'd best learn it from her first, just so well, y'know you don't go into anything with too many prejudices.

Sad that religion can be such a decisive factor in relatioships.

I mean, in the end, does it really matter?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmmm... I tend to think religion IS important, but you are only 16, and are not likely to marry this girl, so yeah...

Ask HER about her religion. It will give you guys something to talk about and will give you a sense of what she likes about it. Do NOT be critical about it, though. She will defintely not like that.

Prepare yourself though. Mormons tend to be very insular, and I'd be surprised if she'd be willing to date outside the faith (unless she isn't all that religious).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Okay, so talk to her about religion.

Of course, I'm not going to be critical at all, simply open-minded. But it'll have to be extremely subtle, because I don't want to be like "hey...now that we're talking about homework, tell me about your religion."

Also, as far as dating "outside the faith," that's the primary concern.

King Zarathu Guest
    Update:

Yeah.... I don't know if I said this, but she's the only girl left on my list. Ironically, I was working with that other girl (the shy one who wouldn't look me in the eye) today in a group thing, and I felt rather disgusted with her character.

Funny how we change with such rapidity.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post

Funny how we change with such rapidity.
    That happens a lot at your age.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Y'know, I was just thinkin'...Christian girls aren't a bad type to go after.

Especially if you can find the ones you can corrupt.

Now that's a conquest.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Y'know, I was just thinkin'...Christian girls aren't a bad type to go after.

Especially if you can find the ones you can corrupt.

Now that's a conquest.

That's happened twice in a row now....

If she's really open about her religion, you might want to hesitate before you ask her about it. I liked a guy who was mormon and when I asked him about his faith, he just wouldn't shut up! He kept cramming his religion down my throat and kept pressuring me to join. I was LDS at one point and decided it wasn't for me and I told him that. I let him know I didn't hate the faith, it just wasn't something I believed in myself. I told him I had my name removed from the church, and he wigged and never talked to me again.
    Then again, she could be really cool and open about it just like you. I live in Utah, and the mormons tend to be ****ING psycho out here. Since you live elsewhere, I'm sure she'd be cool about it. She'd probably be really impressed that you asked her and were interested in her lifestyle. I know I would be.

Mormons are big prostletyzers. She'll get into a better zip code in Heaven if she brings a bunch of souls with her to the gate.

She's also got her knees locked together by the power of the Lord, so it's good you've said it's not all about sex for you, 'cause it ain't gonna be.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's probably on to another girl by now. Boys his age have "girlfriend ADD".

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah, I've dropped the Mormon girl at this point.

So now who is it? Who is the flavor of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He's probably on to another girl by now. Boys his age have "girlfriend ADD".
    I totally agree.

that's weird. for everyone i know it's been the other way around.

anyway, even if you're not interested in the mormon girl anymore, i personally have a rule about not dating people with any strong religious beliefs. it's not the individual beliefs per se (though most are retarded), more that with something as ever-present as religion, it tends to be best to be able to agree on it.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast