+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hey dudes.. boxer briefs?

Hey dudes.. boxer briefs?

I just picked up some boxer briefs for the first time and I'm a little unsure on something. I expected these to be somewhat tighter. My waist size is like 35 so I went with the 36-38 pair, figuring that'd be less tight around the waist. The waist feels just fine, however the rest isn't as tight as I thought.

I bought these because I go mountain biking quite a bit, and more times than not I've had my nuts slap against my seat when I jump logs and stuff, and it's VERY VERY painful. I mean don't get me wrong, they're nicer than boxers, more comfortable. I feel like I get a better range of motion because they don't bunch up like hell, but like I said, I just expected them to be tighter. Maybe that's because all of the pictures on the front of the boxer brief packages at wal mart? I guess I just got the assumption these would be tight as hell? Unless, maybe I should try hanes? I got some puritan's... not sure if that'd matter, though.

i have the same deal dude, im pretty skinny, unless you have like thick legs they are gonna be a little loose but they own for sure id never wear anything elsez! oh yea and i suggest hanes, puritan is shit. as for you balls slapping that sucks.

It'd be nice if there was a combination of size medium with the size large waist size. Perhaps I'll buy a pack of Hanes tomorrow and try those out. I wonder if brand would make a huge difference? Thing is, some guys on the packages look about my size, yet I wonder why the boxer briefs look comfortable, yet much tighter. *shrug*

It's not like I compete, dude. I just take the bike on some trails and have some fun. I don't even wear a helmet. I wear skate shoes and camo shorts. What can I say? I go out to have fun, and that's what I do. I never cared about what I wear, everything I wore on normal days just seemed fine. But like I said, then that one day came along and my nuts got slapped pretty hard and it made me question whether boxers were the best choice for me.

Damn, 30? Imagine sporting them all day with a frame like that, you'd have a big red bar around you from the waistband.

Maybe you should stick to briefs. I think boxer briefs are designed for large guys. Unless you have big legs and junk in the trunk, they probably won't provide much support.

briefs? **** no.

Before we go any further in this direction, let me reiterate something. I am completely fine in skate shoes and my camo shorts that I tend to wear when I bike. All I wanted was something to keep my nuts from swinging to and fro, and I found it.

Now, BACK ON TOPIC... as I said I think I'll try out a medium pack tomorrow. Be nice to have them a little more "fit" as opposed to this open relaxed feeling. Basically feels like I'm still wearing boxers, except I have a much greater range of motion.

I told you boxer briefs are designed for guys with big legs. If your waist size is 35 and you have scrawny legs and no ass, then maybe you should wear something else. I'm just stating the truth. Why don't you want to wear briefs? It's not like people will see.

Boxer briefs are nice and comfortable..but if they ride up..they are not only a bitch to pull out in public but also hurt like hell if you sweat alot when excersising.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    I told you boxer briefs are designed for guys with big legs. If your waist size is 35 and you have scrawny legs and no ass, then maybe you should wear something else. I'm just stating the truth. Why don't you want to wear briefs? It's not like people will see.
    Because briefs are uncomfortable....

I just went to kmart to look around. The first pack of boxer briefs I got were puritan, I think I chose them because at the time all walmart had on the shelves for Hanes had the exposed waistband and I prefer it covered. Anyway, at kmart I took notice to the fruit of the loom stand. How could I forget those guys? Their sizes ranged a bit differently than Hanes did. Hanes' medium was 32-34, and FOTL's medium was 34-36. So I chose those. It's definitely a perfect fit. Not too constricting at all, though it will take some getting used to because I'm used to having my legs completely free. But my junk is definitely held up which should prevent any future nut slappings from my mountain bike escapades. Just figured I'd share.

I have CK boxer briefs. They are DEFINITLY worth the price. I have a size that is a little loose, which is ok, and a size which is tight. Tight in the sense that it doesnt flap around, not that it squeezes. It tends to keep my nuts in place.

Why not wear an athletic supporter when biking?