+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help! I'm scared :(

help! I'm scared :(

Hi all,
    I went into a relationship with my FANTASTIC gf almost 2 months ago. I knew then that at the end of the year, she would be moving to christchurch (a day nd 1/2 drive) ($300 plane ticket). We have only been together 2 months (well almost), but now that the end of the year is approaching...i'm getting scared. I want to continue with a long distance relationship with her for 12 months, as I will also be moving down there after high school (end of next year).
    I havn't told her, but I love her, I really do, and for us to break up because she was down there would kill me. she is my world.
    What are the chances of a Long distance relationship working? What has to go into making it work?
    We would be able to see eachother maybe 4-5 times during the year, but that would be it.
    She's 1 year older than me.
    I have 3 months left, and i'm scared. please help...

Long distance relationships bearly work out let alone surive. I am shock that in 2 months your head over heals on this girl. But the fact that you will be able to see her at most 5 times per year is not good, and would be best to kill the relationship. Becuase other wise its going to get to you and drive you nuts.

theres no way in hell i could do that...not a shit show in hell...
    i love her man!

It will be very hard on you...

to be honest with you, it probably wouldn't work out. a one year long distance relationship would be hard no matter what, but considering that she'll be in college, that'll make it 5 times more difficult. if you're alright with knowing that it'll be really difficult then go for it, otherwise just let it end.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

u all know dat 'college' in nz, isnt really da same...
    its uni. completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamflyer View Post
    theres no way in hell i could do that...not a shit show in hell...
    i love her man!
    I notice this. You be putting your self in hell if you decide to go with the long distance relationship. If you where able to see her 5 times a month, then it could work out. But 5 times at most per year? Come on man do you really think that going from seeing her as much as you can now compared to 5 times a year will keep the relationship strong and healthy?

I think you will go insane with that. Hence the reason why I said it would be better to end the relationship than to do the long distance one. Stop thinking with your emotions and think with logic. I understand that you don't want to let go, but some relationships end early and you have to let go.

LDR's are horrible. They make you crazy. They provide none of the wonderful things that can be had face-to-face and create all kinds of problems.

Keep in touch with her. Make her miss you like crazy, see her on holidays, but DO NOT attempt to carry on a committed relationship with her. You're just too young and it's just too long.

I will be here for you later when you totally disregard my advice and get your heart broken.

cheers all, i needa have a long hard think.

You've got three months, how about you wait and see what happens within those three months before you go making any permanent deicisions.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

and if everything is great with us? then I have a LD to make work...oh gez i hope its great...

Well then you'll know eachother a lot better, things might be different and you might have a different outlook on all of this. You said she's moving to Chch? Well are you in Auckland? It's not that far and if you're still together in three months then I'm sure you can both discuss it, if she's worth it and your plans are set in stone to move down there - then just work at it! Don't stress yet.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.