+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Date Jitters? Be Irresistible

First Date Jitters? Be Irresistible

Alright, so congrats on the first date thing. It's a big step. As they said in the movie:

"Just remember, she's already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to make her like you. It's your job not to mess it up."

...or vice versa for females...

Anywho. I'm going to give you two simple tips for the first date. If you use these, even if you look like Quasimodo, you're bound to do something right:

1.)Wear Something Soft: It's really a simple concept. Cashmere, cotton, silk, velvet...whatever your weapon of choice may be. Brush up against or bump into your date "accidentally" once or twice. Being soft or pleasent to the finger tips only gives them one less reason to not want to touch you.

2.)Wear A Scent:And I don't mean a Mexican shower. When your date's eyes water, you know you've worn way too much. I reccomend spraying yourself at least 2 hours before your big night. The alcohol smell will reduce greatly enhancing the scent and even though you might not be able to smell it, your body heat will activate it. Not having a strong scent gives them a reason to linger after that first hug.
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by hitch View Post

2.)Wear A Scent:And I don't mean a Mexican shower. When your date's eyes water, you know you've worn way too much. I reccomend spraying yourself at least 2 hours before your big night. The alcohol smell will reduce greatly enhancing the scent and even though you might not be able to smell it, your body heat will activate it. Not having a strong scent gives them a reason to linger after that first hug.
    WRONG!

Nasty. I will not linger at all if you are wearing a scent. Guys- listen to me- not all girls like this. I find it repellent.

yea i have found a lot of girls dont really like a scent, if they do its not like they care if you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post

Nasty. I will not linger at all if you are wearing a scent. Guys- listen to me- not all girls like this. I find it repellent.
    Thanks for your response and criticism. It was just a tip...not a commandment. It may work for some, and frankly it has worked for quite a few people who have asked me for help. It also covers the basic principle of people wearing too much...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by hitch View Post
    Thanks for your response and criticism. It was just a tip...not a commandment. It may work for some, and frankly it has worked for quite a few people who have asked me for help. It also covers the basic principle of people wearing too much...

Not to be excessively crude, but I think advising men to masturbate before their first date is better advice.

Also, reminding them to never speak of their ex.

hey folkz. i was googling for some dating tips and found this topic. the scent thing does work...for me at least.

CHEERS!

I like it when a guy has a nice scent that I can associate with him, but necessarily a perfume or cologne. The last guy I dated used some sort of peppermint-scented analgesic muscle rub, and he always smelled a bit like peppermint- I LOVED it. But anything more than a hint is too much.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like the smell of many colognes, but they make me sneeze if they are too strong.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I always wear aftershave when I'm on the pull...........most girls compliment me on how good I smell. I go for a mild nice smelling aftershave and always get a few female opinions on it before I use it.

It's dodgy territory though, peoples sense of smell differs. Some wemons perfume I find revolting. BUT the right perfume can make a girl seem more attractive
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Yah i'm allways have kissing in the first date

Yah i'm allways have kissing in the first date... And comming in the girls house for the "coffe"

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I like the idea of simply not stinking...shower & clean clothes & deoderant. It's so simple it's elegant.
    .... and that is why I'm sitting on your lap instead of Derm's.

Yeah, 38 and single...hot shit alright...lol

Quote Originally Posted by petersone View Post
    Yeah, 38 and single...hot shit alright...lol
    Y'know, that brings up a good point. Why don't more of you put something in your profile? How about you, petersone? I filled out my profile before I posted here even once.

Who are you?

Petersone has some serious ba-ck-tr-ac-king to dooo
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

You too, Derm. Your profile didn't even mention that you're a pimp. I didn't find out until you were bossing me and giving me one of those three-finger bruises on my upper arm as you tried to make me work your corner.

I guess I should put "not a ho" on my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast