+ Follow This Topic

Thread: SBC Yahoo! DSL

King Zarathu Guest

SBC Yahoo! DSL

Okay, I am very ****ing angry. I never thought I could feel this way from our connection issues, but here's what I posted on my site last night:

Quote Originally Posted by www.thesarcasm.com
    If this isn’t the shittiest ISP out there, it is definitely the second shittiest ISP out there. I have had this same connection problem for approximately a year, and these assholes have yet to fix it.

I’ve been calling over and over again, having technicians repeatedly come out and look at it. Nobody could figure the problem out. I bought a new modem, they sent ping tests, and they pulled more bullshit off than you would have thought to simply identify where the problem was coming from.

Anyway, we ended up realizing it was coming from the terminal at the crosswalk. They come over a few times to work with that crusty piece of shit so they can possibly figure something out. Did they? Take a wild guess.

At this point, I am so frustrated with my internet I’m ready to switch to Comcast, but I’m just so ****ing lazy! What do I do? Considering I’m no newb by any means, I decide to go out to the terminal to do it myself.

After working with it for a little bit, figuring out what does what and how things work, I restart it a couple times and realize that doesn’t do dick. I look closer at the wiring, and I realize something very, very important. Yahoo! hires old women that knit in their spare time to handle their electronics.

The wires were shoved in there, greasy, sticky, and disgusting. The only thing keeping my phone as well as my internet from rebooting was a bolt. One ****ing bolt. As for the electricity flowing to my house, the wires were not stuck together at all—they were simply placed there so that they could be touching. Moving it to the side a little bit cut everything out. It wasn’t even glued, they used what appeared to be a silicon-like jelly to keep it in place. ****ing pathetic.

If you have to choose any ISP whatsoever, use Verizon’s FiOS. At least with fiber optics you won’t have to sit there trying to figure out how give the terminal an erection.
    I've had this problem for an entire ****ing year. These assholes JUST left my house, he brought his tools and all kinds of stuff.

RIGHT after he leaves, we experience the same ****ing problem. The EXACT same ****ing problem!

If you have to choose an ISP, do NOT choose SBC.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I got Comcast Cable baby.

It's a beautiful thing.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I got Comcast Cable baby.

It's a beautiful thing.
    Yeah, I'm going to threaten to leave if they don't fix it this time.

Lets see you can choose to get rape by SBC or by your cable company. And Verizon's FIOS is only in the north east states, and don't expect to see it in Texas for years, becuase SBC rather whine and complain than upgrade their network. But I bet if you call up SBC and tell them that if they do not fix the problem you will get cable (if it is avaliable). Doing something like this usually gets them to send out someone higher up on the food chain. My dad did this once with SBC and they sent out some high level dude to fix his line.

I am waiting for satalite to get cheaper, that way both the phone and cable will have to drop prices and upgrade their lines to compete against satalite.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cable is great now, a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it, considering how fast and stable it is. A few years ago it totally wasn't worth it because bandwith could be sucked away from your house to somebody else's but I've not had that problem for the past 2 years.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah, unfortunately you can't do that anymore. The companies monitor every house and put up machines, etc, to know when somebody is getting excessive bandwidth. Then, they **** you. Not that many people know how to do it now anyway. =/

King Zarathu Guest
    Shit! I just called, they're going to dispatch another technician out, but my connection is doing fine now. I'm going to scream.

this amuses me in the sense that even though Ireland is years behind other EU countries, the ISP i'm with has 85% broadband coverage and nearly 100% coverage over all, meaning I can stick the card into a 3G phone and go online with my laptop virtually anywhere.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by www.thesarcasm.com
    I want you to just take a few minutes out of your time and imagine this.

Imagine, you talk to technical support for about 15 minutes, explaining the problem for about the 25th time. He tells you he’ll send another technician out to your house to fix the problem (7th time so far) and they’ll call you before heading that way.

You go to sleep, you wake up, and the first thing you do is wash your hands because you’ve been having wet dreams about me and my website. You realize that the tech never called, but instead he just did all of the work while you were asleep. You wake up, talk to him, and he says, “Yeah, wiring in the terminal was really messed up, and I figured it out so it’s finally fixed.”

You reply, “Wow, thanks! I’ve been having this problem for over a year and it’s great to finally get my shit together.”

He leaves, you go back upstairs into your room, and run a speed test. You get 200 Kbps down, and you shoot yourself twice in the face with a 12 gauge but you don’t die.
    The above was my morning. I’m switching to Comcast.