Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Prevalent Myth

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You call that a myth?

Dude, you are so sheltered...

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Christ...I oughta just walk into a bar and start randomly propositioning every girl that isn't obviously with a guy. Just for the hell of it...I wonder how well that would work.
    You may want to bring an ice pack for all the slaps in the face you may get. And don't forget a towel as well for the drinks that may be thrown at you as well.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I bet you'd find at least one, Aegis, unless you are hideously unattractive. (I don't mean average, I mean hideous.) Show us your picture, and I will tell you if you could pull it off.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I bet you'd find at least one, Aegis, unless you are hideously unattractive. (I don't mean average, I mean hideous.) Show us your picture, and I will tell you if you could pull it off.
    He isn't hideously unattractive!

>>

<<

I would never jack off to your picture, vash.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you seen him?

And I bet you DO whack it to my picture. I am afraid of what you might have done to me in photoshop. I bet I needed a lot of work.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Have you seen him?

And I bet you DO whack it to my picture. I am afraid of what you might have done to me in photoshop. I bet I needed a lot of work.
    Other than show you the one where I shoved a pacifier in your mouth and gave you a bib?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Brat................

Quote Originally Posted by DXX View Post
    Girls asked me out a couple of times! I don't see anything wrong with it.
    I had girls ask me out a few times. It doesnt happen too often but I dont mind.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

King Zarathu Guest
    Brat................
    You love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You call that a myth?

Dude, you are so sheltered...
    I'm talking about women's perception of asking guys out. (Not guys perception of it.)

It seems theres alot of women WAITING for Mr.Right to come along and hoping he ask her out. Instead of her waiting for eternity she could just simply go up to Mr. Right and just simply asking him out instead.

(This of course doesnt mean women dont ask men out but Proportionally its mostly men doing it.)
    (I had have women ask me out on a few occasion but it doesnt happen often. Its usually me who has to do the asking. After she gives me an indication of interest of course. Hey its cool!)
    Last edited by Henry123; 28-10-06 at 07:30 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

If I like a guy, I feel like my job is to make it evident - give him the green light, if you will - flirt a little, let him know I'm interested - and his job is to take the bait if HE'S interested. I.e., ask for my number, ask me out, etc. I know I'm somewhat traditional, but I think men and women have different roles in relationships, and girls asking guys out confuses those roles.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    If I like a guy, I feel like my job is to make it evident - give him the green light, if you will - flirt a little, let him know I'm interested - and his job is to take the bait if HE'S interested. I.e., ask for my number, ask me out, etc. I know I'm somewhat traditional, but I think men and women have different roles in relationships, and girls asking guys out confuses those roles.
    I agree. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    If I like a guy, I feel like my job is to make it evident - give him the green light, if you will - flirt a little, let him know I'm interested - and his job is to take the bait if HE'S interested. I.e., ask for my number, ask me out, etc.

So basically, girls are selfish and don't want to risk looking "foolish" for being rejected. They pawn off that responsibility on the male.

Just wanted to be sure we're clear here.

The above post was made only half in jest. If a girl really liked a guy, and the guy's not making a move, it's possible the guy either is a bit timid about it, or just hasn't even noticed her. Since it's human nature to fear rejection, girls will go to great lengths to do anything BUT ask a guy out, which if you actually consider the practicality of it, stodgy traditions notwithstanding, is extremely odd from a behavioral point of view. When I wanted an appointment to have my wisdom teeth out, I didn't call up the oral surgeon's office and tell them "so, my teeth kinda hurt..............[awkward silence as I wink at them, which is obviously lost in translation through the phone]. I tell them I'd like an appointment and they give it to me.

[Obviously I don't expect women to approach men very often, specifically BECAUSE of the commonly held traditional values that all but prohibit it . . . I'm just playing devil's advocate here]

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
    So basically, girls are selfish and don't want to risk looking "foolish" for being rejected. They pawn off that responsibility on the male.

Just wanted to be sure we're clear here.
    You're a good man, Wilco.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think when a woman asks a man out, there is a large risk that he will be emasculated in her eyes. You males ought to be careful what you ask for; you might get it.

And shut up, skaterboy. I know you do the asking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast