+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ugh, single at 34. Yuck.

Ugh, single at 34. Yuck.

Hello All,

Single for the first time in a long long long time.

Not real excited about it either.

Out of all the things in this world that could frustrate somebody enough to end a relationship, my soon to be ex wife said "you work too much."

OH boy, most women I know would die for a guy that works "too much"

Especially when she didnt have to work and was living the good life able to stay home and take care of our kid.

E gads, what is this world coming to?

Kevin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She was probably lonely. When women get married, it's because they like you and want to spend some time with you. How many hours were you working?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Kevin, I just divorced a lazy ass last year, and you know what? That wasn't my number one reason for divorcing him. It wasn't even in the top five.

Did you go through mediation? I think leaving you with that lame reason as her explanation for divorcing you is just unfair. She has a certain amount of emotional responsibility to you- you were married for God's sake!

....Unless she's been telling you for years what she needed and you're one of those guys who just doesn't listen and thinks that if you're bringing home a fat paycheck, your work is done.

Well?

Her financial needs/security was met though but her emotional needs werent being met.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sometimes working too much isn't a good thing. my father, he works hrmm... 7 days a week, somewhere around 80 hours a week. why do you ask? not because he has to, but it's because he wants to. i know that he wants to give us everything that he can, but there is a price to be paid. he knows that he's not really close to us, and time is something that you can't get back. sure money is a good thing, but like me and my liquor, vices can be painful. control is the key.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some men work excessive hours to avoid their families. I have to admit, though, that if I had to choose between a workaholic and someone who lacked ambition, I would take the former.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's weird. when i have nothing better to do, i'd rather work because i hate being stuck in the house all day long. i can't stay still. however, when i'm working, i can't wait to drink. i'm always tryna get off early. when i'm drunk, i can't wait till i pass out because i can barely walk. when i wake up in the morning, i can't wait for this hang over to pass so i go to work to burn off all the liquor.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well when you're too drunk to do anything, what else is there to do?? puke??

raverboy

if you put little into your marriage/relationship then you get out of it little as well. if you have a wife and kids, you need to be around, if you fail to do so then be prepared to lose your family as you are showing that your job is more important.
    // -- //