+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He says he loves me but cant give me what I need

He says he loves me but cant give me what I need

All i want is for him to be alittle more present, like call me during the week to say hello. He is currently persuing his masters degree and starting a business so hes busy but he was playing wORLD OF wARCRAFT 3 nites a week for hours! I work nites so I dealt with it but he dosent dedicate that much time to me! I am busy too but I would fit him into my life - I am changing careers and moving to a new apartment. I tolerated it for a while but I am only alotted 1 day a week with him and I have to go early morning so he can get back to work. HE says he loves me but I guess not in any real way. Im not asking to spend every day with him- just some connection during the week or meet for lunch once in a while. He works out of his house. He is planing on moving cross country in one year and asked if I would go with him. Not if I only see him once a week. I am 33 years old and expect a little more after dating 5 months. He hasnt a lot of dating experience but this is ridiculous. He never even offered to let me meet his parents! I am attractive andi am asked out all the time but i dont want anyone else. if soemone loves you wouldnt they accomodate you a little? I am completely heartbroken.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You aren't stuck with him yet. If you don't like the way he treats you, you can still move on. That is what I would do if I were in your position.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gretsch, you should be packing right now. Really, don't wallow in disappointment about this guy, because that's a deeper well than you can even imagine. He will never stop disappointing you, even after you break up. Trying to solve the puzzle that is your boyfriend is pointless. IT'S NOT YOU. He's kinda messed up, and he doesn't know how to treat a girlfriend. I'm sure he does love you, whatever that means to him, but it's clearly not enough to keep you.

Confront and sever. Get on with it.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 01-11-06 at 03:34 AM.

Dont throw him out right away.

tell him things are shitty that you want to see him more often. Give him an ultimatum (but dont make it sound like an ultimatum).

But she already did that- she posted about it before. He just doesn't listen.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah, sorry BFTrick. I know it's part of our code to try to tell her to keep his girlfriend, but he's a WoW player. I hate WoW and the players, so **** him.

Leave him.

Plus, she's allegedly attractive. You're in the market for a new one, right, BFT? I think you should take her away from WoW boy.

lilwing89 Guest
    whoa.. when i go off to college i hope me and my hunny bunny will stay together!!!!! i play diablo ii but i turn the damn thing off for my gf

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89 View Post
    whoa.. when i go off to college i hope me and my hunny bunny will stay together!!!!! i play diablo ii but i turn the damn thing off for my gf
    Dude, you're an asshole. I heard that you finger your asshole with cucumbers and you put them back in the salad.

Well I don't know much about your age or his, but from what I read, this guy seems quite immature. A lot of guys try to play distant and cool thinking this is a turn-on for girls (is it?) or they may actually be a little shy and inhibited to commit because they may be afraid that if they do they lose something. Does that guy know that you love him? Did you explicitly tell him that?

I told him I loved him and he said he 'loved' me. I recently found a site where he is hitting on and trying to contact WoW girls and "your so hot'' comments at them while he was dating me! To make matters worse I sent the page to him to let him know i knew and said he was laughing at my "making a big deal out of his trying to have fun" and that the girls were contated only in the first month of us dating, but i noticed the dated on some contacts were from 2 months ago!!! What a sneak! The day before I found this he wrote, as we were breking up "Me writing you isn't making this any easier for us. I'm sorry. You're like gravity, I keep getting brought back to you. I wish I could share with you these dreams I've been having of us. I think they express a level of frustration, sadness, love, and erotic attraction that my words can't put to page" I got sucked in by this crap and was almost going to remain friends with him but I now dont buy a word of it. Nothing says 'I love you " like trolling around for women on the internet while having a girlfriend, never calling, and never having time to spend together. He claims he feel hurt due to the 'chemical addiction of intimacy'! Wait, I need a shovel.... I have deleted him out of my phone, myspace, and all of his pictures- Im disgusted.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quit your dramatic bitching you female and move on with your life.

I am going to be honest, he is more in love with himself than you. If you are the type of person that requires more personal attention and substance in a relationship... than you deserve to be with a person that can provide those to you. This man isn't ready for the relationship you need. Unfortunatly its just not time for you and him.

your absolutley correct... i'm scared

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Considering your recent posts, I can't believe you're giving this advice and asking for some yourself. You know exactly what you need to do.
    Er, dude....

Notice she's a woman. There's nothing to wonder about.