+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Distant

Distant

Ok so a couple of months ago i met this guy who is really great and sweet and he's a real Christian like me and we became friends. I like him as much more than friends and he does not know this. (I've probably mentioned this guy before, I think I have.) So then after that I knew i wasn't going to see him again for a year or for at least 4 1/2 months. So after i left, we started emailing frequently. It was great, he would send me great long detailed emailes and reply within a few days. (It would be faster than that except that he only has internet at work and not at home.) I just got an email from him an hour ago, but how long did it take him to reply? 18 days. His emails are getting shorter and shorter and more impersonal and less frequent. I always reply promptly and my emails are thoughtful and detailed. I feel like we're so distant now. I've heard that the #1 cause of divorce is lack of communication, or growing distant. Is there any way I can make it so we're closer again, or is he not worth my time, or what? At one point I even thought he liked me back as more than friends, but I'm not so sure anymore considering the manner in which he replies. Note: the reason he takes so long to reply is that of course he is busy at work. I'm just wondering why he used to reply in a few days and now he's taking 2 1/2 weeks. He signed his last email "anyways good to talk" and just the way he said it, i dunno, but it somehow felt like it wasn't good to talk to me and he was just being polite, also considering that his email was 5 lines long and all it contained was thanking me for the gift i mailed to him and then telling me his car broke down.

From what you said. I think he being distant maybe he seeing someone now. Maybe he just not interested in the Email thing anymore or he bored of it. Maybe he is busy. But is sounds like he doesnt want to write detail email. Are you going to see him in person soon because communication on email is hard to be honest with you.

King Zarathu Guest
    But. Liek. I m.Tryng 2 hard. Lol.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stop wasting your time with him, he's no longer interested.

Even if he is a "real" Christian.

Long distance is hard enough for people who can afford to see each other every month and talk on the phone three times a week. An e-mail relationship just isn't fulfilling enough to keep anyone riveted to the screen for too long.

I think you should back off a bit, so you don't blow it. You'll see him again next year. Do you want him to remember you as "the frantic e-mailer"?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Stop wasting your time with him, he's no longer interested.

Even if he is a "real" Christian.
    Hey, just cause he's a real Christian doesn't mean he has to be interested in ME. I may be beautiful and funny and nice, but no other guys seem to be interested in me, so there's no reason he should be.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by farrfaraway
    Hey, just cause he's a real Christian doesn't mean he has to be interested in ME. I may be beautiful and funny and nice, but no other guys seem to be interested in me, so there's no reason he should be.
    I'm beautiful and funny and nice. Take me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    I'm beautiful and funny and nice. Take me!
    Shut your piehole, greedy. You're booked up. Go clean the pool.

Ask Him

From my perspective... Your boy...his feelings is probably fading slowly... I mean he probably got bored with the whole situation here, and that he knew is not going to work out because is long distance relationship (or perhaps is not even a relationship) yet.

But I mean, girls are tend to be more attentive in the way we response with mails, sms, what we say...blah blah etc. But guys are tend to be more clueless... so I understand, you obviously would expect the same back.

I think at first, maybe for him, it was quite interesting having a girl writing him emails, or maybe he even know that you like him so some sort of attention falling upon him (so why not?) he replied with thoughs at first....afterwards he probably is getting too busy, or cant be bother, or sick of it, or dont really care anymore...

Just like a baby, when they get a new toy they love it, after awhile, you get sick and bored until you dump it or totally forgotten about it.

And girl, dont forget... he is away from yourself, long distance, he is probably moving on with life, meeting new girls on the other side of the country...who knows?

If I was you, I will ask...I mean you really have nothing to lose, because you dont even see him anyway...so may as well...SO GO QUESTION HIM ...and ask him what he feels... but dont do the big mistake and express that you really like him or anything...Just query him...

If not...i advise you...Dont waste time on this guy... he is already showing lack of interest...so who cares!!! You worth so much more!

Quote Originally Posted by farrfaraway View Post
    I'm just wondering why he used to reply in a few days and now he's taking 2 1/2 weeks. .
    Hard to say it but this is usually how it works for me: out of sight, out of mind. If you say that the guy liked you more than just a friend then this liking will be rekindled once you see each other again face to face.