+ Follow This Topic

Thread: same time every month - my gf becomes distant. Why?

same time every month - my gf becomes distant. Why?

For about 8 months, I've been dating a woman I am truly in love with, and I know she is with me. Things are really great...most of the time. However, her behavior changes like clockwork with her monthly cycle. For the most part, she is very loving and affectionate. But, in the week+ before her period, she becomes very distant from me - doesn't call; her texts are very succinct. And there's a second time of the month, about 5 days after her period that she gets irritable for a couple days. I've mentioned to her that she seems to get distant at times but that just makes her upset, so it's a touchy subject. And forget it...I don't go near mentioning that it's obviously hormonal.

First and foremost, what's the best way for me to act? Do I kinda withdraw a little myself and give her space and let her call me when she's ready? Do I just go about my own business and find things to do without her? Do I just give her reassuring loving messages, with the expectation that they won't be reciprocated? What is it that she expects from me?

Secondly, what actually goes on in her head during these times? Does she know it's just a hormonal reaction? (Doesn't seem like she realizes that) Is she still "into" me? Or does she actually feel like she's had enough of me?

And I guess a biggie is, at this time when I'm not on her radar, would she be interested in other guys, or (hopefully) is it withdrawing from all men/relationships in general and I shouldn't take it personally?

Obviously you can't get into her head, but just wondering what other females might think. Thanks!!

She's protecting you from the Evil That Lies Within. Believe me, a lot of guys wish they had someone so considerate.

Count your blessings.
    Spammer Spanker

Poke her with a stick and see what happens.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."