+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subtle touch:flirting?

Subtle touch:flirting?

I like this guy and we were at a dinner party sitting near each other talking. At one point, his knee was right next to mine but so subtle if I didn't pay attention I wouldn't have noticed.It stayed for a couple of minutes than,unfortunately,moved away. He did the same thing with his elbow and again,though it was so subtle.....My question is was this an accident or was he flirting or testing the waters? I know this sounds like a really naive question but I don't have a lot of experience and want to know if he is showing his interest in me or not. Thanks guys!

King Zarathu Guest
    Guys, typically, are not very subtle and don't know dick about body language. But then again, this is just as far as I know. If I were to say one way or the other (because I really can't know for sure), I would say it was an accident. Don't get excited.

Well, as an experiebced Casanova
    He want's in, to the promised land ...
    Whooah!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I pull this move all the time.

It's GOLD. Seriously.

On this topic; the other night I was at the movies, with a girl I'm interested in. At this point we are still technically, "friends". We were with a large group, but we sat next to each other. This was a nicer movie theatre with big seats and armrests that you can move up and out of the way.

Conveniently, where we sat the armrest was already pushed up, and neither of us bothered to move it down. We sat close the entire time, and as the movie went on either I or her would move a bit but we'd always come back to the same place, leaning against one another. By the end of the movie she was actually resting my her head on my shoulder. Now, I realize this is probably a no brainer, but that couldn't have been unintentional, could it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Hahaha! Not unless she has narcolepsy and is prone to randomly dropping her head everywhere. I've had girl/friends rest their head on me during long car trips...obviously that's because of the long car trip. In a movie theater, that's something else.
    I probably should have mentioned that she said something to the effect of, "I'm tired I think I want to go to sleep right here." as she rested her head on me. It was right at the end of the movie, around 11:30 PM.

I guess it really makes little difference, since everytime she would move at all she'd always come back to just leaning against me as she was before. This is probably boring for you all. I'm just rehashing what was a fairly enjoyable evening for me.

EDIT: Double post, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
    I probably should have mentioned that she said something to the effect of, "I'm tired I think I want to go to sleep right here." as she rested her head on me. It was right at the end of the movie, around 11:30 PM.

I guess it really makes little difference, since everytime she would move at all she'd always come back to just leaning against me as she was before. This is probably boring for you all. I'm just rehashing what was a fairly enjoyable evening for me.
    Naaah. Those little moments are the best. I relive the hours up to my first kiss with a guy I liked - the getting closer, the holding hands - the kiss itself wasn't that exciting.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Naaah. Those little moments are the best. I relive the hours up to my first kiss with a guy I liked - the getting closer, the holding hands - the kiss itself wasn't that exciting.
    This person knows stuff.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Anticipation is the best part. Enjoy it!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Your husband not givin' you enough excitement?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Your husband not givin' you enough excitement?

Married life is not exactly conducive to excitement. It is more about stability.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Believe me, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post

Translation: "I trust you implicitly and believe that you would protect me while I was completely vulnerable."

And Lavender, I agree with Mathias. He's into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Translation: "I trust you implicitly and believe that you would protect me while I was completely vulnerable."
    Wow, that head rest meant more than I thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast